Your Black Friday / Cyber Monday Purchases

David

Performance MX Mouse - $44.99

I probably should have bought a G602 ($49.99) or G700S ($49.99) since they have more buttons / higher DPI as actual gaming mice, but the G602 came on sale after I already bought the MX and I hate the G700S design. If any of you are in the market for a new mouse all three are back to their Black Friday prices ($49.99) if you manually select Amazon as the seller (temporarily OOS but still offered).

2TB Toshiba 7200RPM 6.0 GB/s HDD - $28 + 13 shipping / taxes = ~$41

Toshiba had a pricing error: 2TB for $28 or 3TB for $42. That's $14 / TB. Insane. $30 / TB is generally considered a great deal. Sadly, the shipping cost was bullshit and I didn't see the 3TB until the site crashed from people buying 50+ to flip. I really don't have a use for it, but it's hard to beat 2TB for $41.

What'd you guys get?

Black Friday is pretty useless here, Amazon.co.uk has it, but not on anything I want, pretty limited.

That mouse really isn't even worth that tbh, pity you were to early for that G602.

On a similar note, I just bought some games on Steam (Autumn Sale). Metro 2033, CS:GO and Borderlands 2 for €15.97, not bad - some really nice deals all over.

That mouse really isn't even worth that tbh, pity you were to early for that G602.

Eh, I'm a sucker for sex appeal and that's the lowest price the Performance MX has ever had. It might not be a good buy if you need a gaming mouse for RPGs but I don't plan on doing much serious gaming.

Then again I did go into BF with a plan to buy the 602 if it had ANY sale... Sigh.

Pioneer FH-X700BT  for $108

a double din dash kit for like $12 or something

and a 4 gauge amp wiring kit for $26

Was going to buy these things regardless of the Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals going on so i may have saved a few bucks on that stereo, though i highly doubt that thing was going for $200 before the deal started.

Also getting two 12" kenwoods and an amp from a cousin for $50 where he originally payed $500 so that's a deal in itself

edit: just bought a wiring harness for the stereo for another $12

• Upvote 1

Never been big on American eagle/Holister stuff. I dont like the look of the shirts but i will admit they are comfortable as fuck. Never owned a pair of their jeans though so I have nothing to say about them.

got a $200 supposed hand-forged sword for $60, and 1000 rounds of pmc bronze 9mm for $250 and saved about $150 on christmas gifts, oh and I finally bought skyrim ha, was on sale with all dlc for $35.

Dunno how frugal you are with your ammo but we fly through the stuff when we go shooting. That ammo bill adds up real quick...

• Upvote 1

Never been big on American eagle/Holister stuff. I dont like the look of the shirts but i will admit they are comfortable as fuck. Never owned a pair of their jeans though so I have nothing to say about them.

They're alright, but their prices with that deal were really great. I just avoid everything that's over-branded with logos. AE actually has a lot of stuff that's adult-oriented in that sense; Hollister isn't really a good comparison. Hollister is pretty irredeemable because everything they have is a giant logo / advertisement, but they're targeting a different / younger demographic so to each their own.

right being a brit answer me this.

Why the actual fuck is it called Black Friday?!

Friday after Thanksgiving where stores and big brand names have really good deals on a bunch of stuff. Biggest shopping day of the year.

And I didn't buy anything because I have no money.

Edit: Oh. You said "why" not "what"

• 2 weeks later...

Dunno but i think its because most stores are in the red(loss of profits) most of the year and on black friday their sales raise so much that they go in the black(gain profit).

seems logical. I thought it was because all the black guys sold the shit they've stolen over the year for cheap before the cops catch on.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...