Blake Made Beta: Pre-Emptive Info Requests

David

Was the stress test all you get to do with your key, or is there a more substantial event?

Basically, they invited more people than usual to participate in the beta just so they can test how the servers ran with the increased load, how the login servers would respond and react when multiple people logged in at once, etc. A few times they forceably kicked people off just to test the login servers.

Besides gathering that data, we all just did the tutorial and quested/messed around on the first area you reach after the tutorial, which is Bleakrock.

I have a (longshot) question!

Did they say anything about name reservation? As in, if you take a name during CBT, does it stay associated with your account, or do we start with a clean slate with official launch? (Obviously I'd expect character wipes to happen, but there is a particular name that I'm worried about other people nabbing first.)

If it didn't come up at all, I'll assume that the answer is clean slate.

@Blake: Do you recall whether sneak attacks were only possible from the back or from all directions? To be clear, can I sneak attack somebody right in his face with my mighty bow?

You can, but as a melee char you either need to be invisible or attack from the back otherwise he can see you when you attack.

Plus if you have watched some of the leaks you would have seen that sneaking up to someone isn't that easy because they can detect you even if they don't look at you.

A successful sneak attack stuns your opponent if you then use a power attack he gets knockdown.

Well you must understand two things.

• [*]I made my character a tank, so sneaking wasn't really my forte. [*]I only got to level 3, so if sneaking from the face was possible, I probably wouldn't have been able to do so that early in the game.

So in a word, I don't know.

No problem, thanks for taking the time and answering :).

You can, but as a melee char you either need to be invisible or attack from the back otherwise he can see you when you attack.

Plus if you have watched some of the leaks you would have seen that sneaking up to someone isn't that easy because they can detect you even if they don't look at you.

A successful sneak attack stuns your opponent if you then use a power attack he gets knockdown.

Thank you irons - actually, the sneak-attack-from-the-front-thing as something I wanted to know specifically for ranged attacks; staying hidden should be easier then (in the leaks I saw, the players were mostly detected when quite near their opponent).

I'm not sure but I would expect that ones you land a successful sneak attack all the mobs around will know where you are and in PvP it will show you where the attack came from and you will be visable and unable to go into sneak mode again.

That's why the medium armor reduces the cooldown of sneak.

I'm not sure but I would expect that ones you land a successful sneak attack all the mobs around will know where you are and in PvP it will show you where the attack came from and you will be visable and unable to go into sneak mode again.

That's why the medium armor reduces the cooldown of sneak.

I guess you're right. Thank god nightblade has re-stealth then ;).