• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

Heard you got a beta key. Moar details?

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts

They are having a 3 hour long stress test tonight. All participants get a free vanity pet (think it's a monkey). So I can't actually log in and play until then.

Cheers.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

I'll be eagerly f5'ing the thread.

Nalim

Nalim

• 18 Posts

Could you do me a favor and try whether or not it's possible to do a sneak attack with a restoration staff? I certainly would like to know that :).

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

You should also try to write down the racial skills for the Aldmeri / Daggerfall.

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts

Stress test is over. Servers were surprisingly stable, given the amount of people on there.

Sneak attacking with a Restoration staff didn't appear to do any extra damage.

And we were all forced to the Ebonheart Pact, so I can't tell you anything outside of Dark Elves.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

Was the stress test all you get to do with your key, or is there a more substantial event?

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts

Was the stress test all you get to do with your key, or is there a more substantial event?

Basically, they invited more people than usual to participate in the beta just so they can test how the servers ran with the increased load, how the login servers would respond and react when multiple people logged in at once, etc. A few times they forceably kicked people off just to test the login servers.

Besides gathering that data, we all just did the tutorial and quested/messed around on the first area you reach after the tutorial, which is Bleakrock.

Thousandcats

Thousandcats

• 25 Posts

I have a (longshot) question!

Did they say anything about name reservation? As in, if you take a name during CBT, does it stay associated with your account, or do we start with a clean slate with official launch? (Obviously I'd expect character wipes to happen, but there is a particular name that I'm worried about other people nabbing first.)

If it didn't come up at all, I'll assume that the answer is clean slate.

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts

Heard no mention of it, but you make a display name when you set up a beta account. And your characters can have different names (I believe)

If I had to guess, I'd guess clean slate.

Nalim

Nalim

• 18 Posts

Sneak attacking with a Restoration staff didn't appear to do any extra damage.

Thanks!

Musclemagic

Musclemagic

• 593 Posts

Stress test actually went into overtime because it went so well! They were able to get quite a lot more than they figured they would onto one sub-server zone! ^.^

Nalim

Nalim

• 18 Posts

@Blake: Do you recall whether sneak attacks were only possible from the back or from all directions? To be clear, can I sneak attack somebody right in his face with my mighty bow?

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts

Well you must understand two things.

[*]I made my character a tank, so sneaking wasn't really my forte.
    [*]I only got to level 3, so if sneaking from the face was possible, I probably wouldn't have been able to do so that early in the game.
    [/list]

So in a word, I don't know.

irons

irons

• 428 Posts

@Blake: Do you recall whether sneak attacks were only possible from the back or from all directions? To be clear, can I sneak attack somebody right in his face with my mighty bow?

You can, but as a melee char you either need to be invisible or attack from the back otherwise he can see you when you attack.

Plus if you have watched some of the leaks you would have seen that sneaking up to someone isn't that easy because they can detect you even if they don't look at you.

A successful sneak attack stuns your opponent if you then use a power attack he gets knockdown.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com