Can I play the ESO without online?

It's an MMORPG (O for Online), and it has Online in the name as David pointed out. I mean no offense, but I really don't know what you were expecting...

If you hate Online games... I'd still recommend trying it, since that's well....stupid... and there's plenty of solo content to immerse yourself into if you want more Elder Scrolls.

• 5 months later...

It really sucks that you have to pay over 200 dollars a year to play it and that is the reason I'm not getting it. I'm with rzgdp9999, online is going to ruin TES and make it into world of Warcraft. I don't know what they were thinking making that game

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I live in a rural area, and I have 25 gigs a month for internet. so for me, the question is: can I afford to play ESO?

Assuming you are talking about your bandwidth limits -- almost certainly. The initial download / install file is something like 30 GBs, but you can always just buy the physical copy to avoid this. After that, though, just playing the game shouldn't eat up much bandwidth at all.

• 4 months later...
Guest Guest

I do not think that the fact of being online makes the game bad or that bethesda has fucked up the game, but still (and i know that the world it's entering in an era where the internet it's almost everywhere) many of us don't have a full time internet conection, i might be one in a million but i travel a lot and usually stay on rural places, i really love Skyrim but you get to a point when there's nothing else to do there, so why make it just online i mean it's a lot bigger than Diablo 2 LOD but still that system with the battlenet realms was perfect, your solo characters on your pc and your online characters on the server, you miss the online features on the solo gameplay but still you can PLAY IT without internet conection. Seriously make online only games might not be a big loose on the maker company profits, but it is on the fans and followers of the company and i really hope that the next generations of TES games come with both offline and online gameplay.