PS4, Xbox One Both Require Subscription for Online

David

Every new game that there is has those retarded "online-pass" things you have to buy anyway, AND you have to pay £40 for a years worth of XBLA.

So i don't see the care about one payment made to let you play online.

It is what it is.  Then again, i aint looked at any numbers, and i don't know if this removes the "online-pass" stuff.  I should do research.

--

Technically, you pay an online subscription to play online games on your laptop/computer though, you pay for the internet itself.

idk

Every new game that there is has those retarded "online-pass" things you have to buy anyway, AND you have to pay £40 for a years worth of XBLA.

So i don't see the care about one payment made to let you play online.

It is what it is.  Then again, i aint looked at any numbers, and i don't know if this removes the "online-pass" stuff.  I should do research.

This one payment that people were "okay" with is now why you have EA charging for those bullshit online passes and DLC unlocks that are already on your purchased disc. When you give companies an inch they'll take it as far as they can until people aren't okay with it. If they do it incrementally (Xbox Online -> EA passes -> restricted on-disc DLC) people will grow accustomed to it and they'll get much farther than they should. It could eventually get to the point you pay for almost everything.

Technically, you pay an online subscription to play online games on your laptop/computer though, you pay for the internet itself.

idk

Consoles pay the same thing for online. This is the incremental changes that lead to double-dipping that's the problem.

This one payment that people were "okay" with is now why you have EA charging for those bullshit online passes and DLC unlocks that are already on your purchased disc. When you give companies an inch they'll take it as far as they can until people aren't okay with it. If they do it incrementally (Xbox Online -> EA passes -> restricted on-disc DLC) people will grow accustomed to it and they'll get much farther than they should. It could eventually get to the point you pay for almost everything.

Consoles pay the same thing for online. This is the incremental changes that lead to double-dipping that's the problem.

I can agree for the most-part.

I think i'm just too old to care about an extra amount of cash.  If i want to play something, i guess i have shifted to the "okay" mindset group.

Cool thing is, there aint that much i even want to play anymore anyways, so it hasn't effected me that much.

• 3 weeks later...

Sony adopted a supscription so they could eliminate some of the hacking.

However, the supscription is through PlayStation Plus, which is cheap, and you are also given tons of free games (i.e. Battlefield III, Saints Row games, really anything), and lots of deals.

I really do prefer the way the PS4 still looks better than the "One".