All of you criticizing this should note that you are watching footage of a game under NDA clearly in an incomplete area of the game.. All feed back from PAX.. and the focus groups (Guildleaders/MMO veterans) that zenimax invited had nothing but positive feed back, because they were playing areas of the game in which Zenimax had completed.. judging the whole game by what you see in a leaked video, that should of never been leaked as this person is under NDA is completely stupid.. The first person seen in this video should not be taken as final product.. Zenimax has not yet confirmed completion of it, as for the graphics seen in this video..  this person is playing on the low settings, and is using a terrible recording software.. Also there are probably missing textures not yet added into the game.  I'm not a fan boy.. i'm simply defending a game that is getting bad rep by footage of an incomplete area of the game while the game was under NDA, and don't want people to assume that this is the final version of ESO.

Please watch the first part of the video. Ultra settings. 

I'm actually impressed, the character models and customization are impressive and will probably look awesome on release. Gameplay looks good. I wasn't expecting there to be voicework too. Excited, not sure why everyone is so upset. Were you expecting this early beta to look like f-ing Skyrim on max PC graphics or something?

I have played dozens of Betas and the graphics never really change, just the gameplay.

My experiences as well.

The newer HD video already makes it look better though. Obviously the graphics aren't unbelievable, but anyone who thought that a legitimate Skyrim look was going to be possible with an MMO was going to be disappointed regardless.

It really doesn't look as bad as people are making it out to be.

Was I the only one that realised that the Npc's mouths were not moving? Of course the damn graphics aren't finished! A Beta is a rough draft of the game. There will be plenty of more detail, etc. that will be added as some of you have already realised. In my opinion the game looks great and the things that I found missing have probably already been brought up by the Beta testers. I for one am exited for this MMO. Also yes I am a fanboy for The TES series. Fuck you <3

• Upvote 2

Thanks for letting us know. I've added a new link to the video (albeit in 480p).

Many thanks... I just watched it and I have to say I know it's beta, but there are elements in this gameplay footage that look remarkably like world of warcraft, even using the same font for the overhead character names!

I just hope things change in the next 6 months of development or this game might just join the ranks of mmo clones rather than being a unique game changer.

I also enjoyed the video non the less, I do hope the game will be hard and give us challenge like most games out there should have, there hasn't been that many mmorpg's out there I have enjoyed, most of them are "Kill 1 monster get 99 lvl's" I hate being spoon fed by games.

Well let us hope the game will be as bad ass as the trailer for it was, tho probably not doing to be...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest frede

was expecting more, but then again it is beta - early beta. We'll just have to wait and see future gameplay vids to see how it will be (hopefully epic).

I have played many betas before (closed and open) and the game as such never really changes when it is released. Sure some things get polished her and there but not much, and rarely ever the graphics. Graphics don't matter to me when it comes to rpgs but they do matter in MMOs, where I'm expected to play for a very long time. I expected them to be (at least) on the same level as Guild Wars 2. However, this looks more like The Secret World. Especially the character animations and combat looks awkward abd clunky (not fluid).

The Elder Scrolls series in particular is known for ist graphics so it has to be much much better than this.

• 2 weeks later...

A few things....1-It's a single player franchise moving to a different crowd for MMO players. There are going to be so many changes that HAVE to be made to even the most basic aspects of the game just so that it will function as intended. That being said, don't hate on a game you haven't had a chance to play. Regardless of what you see in a 20minute video. If your on this site then we all know you are going to buy it anyway. After you play it for 20hours for yourself then criticize all you want.2-if you look at all of the MMOs and TES games currently out you can see that there are MODs or "add-ons" you can d/l from a third party. This could include texture packs, different UI modules, and color packages. *if you don't like it the way they designed it then someone will provide you with what you want.3-It's not going to be running the same engine as skyrim simply because the server and 90% of the players wouldn't be able to play at 60+FPS even at the lowest settings. Expect it to be closer to oblivion. The main things I'm worried about isn't the graphics. Many of us here have played WOW too and those graphics are terrible in contrast to ESO.4-the main things that I'm concerned about is the changes to leveling and how it will affect the elder scrolls feel to it. I am used to leveling up based on the way you play. Also the PvP scares me. I'm worried about balancing between factions/races/classes. Also, not having the "holy trinity" aka tank, dps, heals, also has me worried. Eventually they will add raids into the game and not having an aggro system in place means chaos in every boss battle. Which could make it more fun, who knows yet.All I can say is I will be buying this game later this year...& regardless of the changes. It's an MMO and its Elder Scrolls. We have been asking for this for years now. I'm glad it's finally here regardless of the end results. At least they heard our pleas.***PS this wont be the search of Elder Scrolls, they make too much $$ off the single player games like morrowind, oblivion, and skyrim thanks to console versions.

• 4 weeks later...