ABBA is the Best Pop Group of All Time

David

Show me a modern group that has any of the following.

1. More catchy songs. Hell, even one on the same level as any of the following.

-Dancing Queen

-The Winner Takes it All

-Seventeen

-Take a Chance on Me

-Fernando

-Knowing Me Knowing You

-Mamma Mia

-Money Money

That's off the top of my head, and I'm probably forgetting about like 4. What other band has that many famous/notable songs? Probably the Beatles, that's about it. Seriously, listen to one of them. It will be stuck in your head for weeks even if you "hate it."

2. Two legitimately great vocalists.

Most groups don't even have one. Looking at you, AC/DC. ABBA's stuff are all rangy and difficult duets.

3. All of these hit songs weren't even in their fucking native language. Let that sink in for a minute. English was foreign to them, yet they not only sang in it, but they actually wrote all of their songs themselves in it. Ever try being fluent in a foreign language? Try being a pop star in one. If that's not hard enough, try coming up with meaningful lyrics for an entirely different culture.

4. They aren't fake. They have bad teeth, they don't perform in tons of shit make-up and ridiculous outfits for attention, and they're actually legitimately talented. The two women were still pretty hot in their prime despite this.

1. Modern groups don't even come close to the talent that groups like ABBA, Queen, AC/DC, Beatles, etc. had/have

One does not belong.

AC/DC

AC/DC is a good but not great band. They have really great guitar riffs/sequences, but everything else is pretty damn mediocre (at best). Lyrics and vocals (especially vocals) are just downright terrible. It's good genre music, and I'm a fan of some of their songs, but I wouldn't call them great by any means. Maybe Angus Young, the guitarist, or whoever actually came up with the guitar parts.

I'm fluent in two languages and know some german aswell. Singing is a lot easier than talking in a foreign language, with the accent and such.

It might be easier in the sense that accents are less noticeable (as you have to sing in tune to the music), but why would it be easier on those doing the singing/talking?

It might be easier in the sense that accents are less noticeable (as you have to sing in tune to the music), but why would it be easier on those doing the singing/talking?

It's easier to sing in a foreign language than to speak it. That's just how it is. Also, ABBA did their songs in Swedish and sometimes Swedish and English to start with. I'm not hating on ABBA btw, although I do prefer Queen over ABBA. Also, I'm seasick, the screen is rocking.