ITT: We are Awestruck then Flame About Pre-Built PCs

David

Link.

Dell XPS 8500

[*]Intel Core i7 3770 3.40GHz [*]16GB DDR3 [*]256GB SSD [*]2TB SATA HDD [*]AMD Radeon HD 7770 [*]Blu-ray ROM + DVD+/-RW [*]Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n [*]Bluetooth v4.0+LE [*]Windows 7 Premium

Usually $1500... $875. Graphics card is the only thing that's not grossly OP for any task, and even it isn't that bad.

inb4 Fergal/Dan/Pinoy "I'd custom build that for $200."

Holy shit. That's cheap as shit. Considering the price drop, you wouldn't custom built it that cheap, unless you maybe bought the shittest H77 mobo and a $10 PSU. :P Don't like locked processors though.

And a 7770 will run games just fine, although I'd stay away for Cyrsis 3 on high res. and ultra settings. xD

Link.

Dell XPS 8500

[*]Intel Core i7 3770 3.40GHz

[*]16GB DDR3

[*]256GB SSD

[*]2TB SATA HDD

[*]AMD Radeon HD 7770

[*]Blu-ray ROM + DVD+/-RW

[*]Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n

[*]Bluetooth v4.0+LE

[*]Windows 7 Premium

Usually $1500... $875. Graphics card is the only thing that's not grossly OP for any task, and even it isn't that bad.

inb4 Fergal/Dan/Pinoy "I'd custom build that for $200."

As good as a deal it is, Its A, A Dell, and B, An Intel CPU

Both overpriced branded names, that are great if you have the dollar to afford them, the GPU is equivalent to my GTX550, which Fergal, handles the Crysis 3 demo on ultra ok.

And David, just because i say making your own pc is better doesn't mean i wouldn't buy a pre-built one, i just have the family to do so if anything goes wrong if i fuck up my build, only reason i build my own comps etc,

Also, apon looking up part prices, that is the price for most of the parts on thier own anyway, minus the fact you would need a case and psu etc, 

As good as a deal it is, Its A, A Dell, and B, An Intel CPU

Both overpriced branded names, that are great if you have the dollar to afford them, the GPU is equivalent to my GTX550, which Fergal, handles the Crysis 3 demo on ultra ok.

And David, just because i say making your own pc is better doesn't mean i wouldn't buy a pre-built one, i just have the family to do so if anything goes wrong if i fuck up my build, only reason i build my own comps etc,

Also, apon looking up part prices, that is the price for most of the parts on thier own anyway, minus the fact you would need a case and psu etc, 

I didn't say it wouldn't handle it okay, but on a high resolution screen with ultra, the framerate just wouldn't be high enough to play enjoyably.

im buying that same gpu soon. from what ive read it handles most games on high/ultra with a few exceptions of course. 

other than that, that computer overall is pretty similar to mine except i only have 8Gb of ram, and a smaller HDD which doesnt really matter as mine is big enough as is.

im buying that same gpu soon. from what ive read it handles most games on high/ultra with a few exceptions of course. 

other than that, that computer overall is pretty similar to mine except i only have 8Gb of ram, and a smaller HDD which doesnt really matter as mine is big enough as is.

How much did it cost you?

How much did it cost you?

i think i bought the computer in 2011 for somewhere around $630 i think. the new card costs $120 so that will put total value at around $750. the shipping on it was another 75 fucking dollars though so i guess you could include that to the value if you really wanted to.

overall youre getting a good deal on it for a pre-built pc versus buying one directly from dell.

i bought mine from cyberpowerpc which offered the best bang for the buck for a pre-built computer that i could find at the time. you are also able to build a custom pc on their website and they build it for you. i also got some free games with it which was a plus i guess.