Aggravating Decorating!

Guest Interior Designist quittin

Question

Guest Interior Designist quittin

I just spent 25 minutes clearing a shelf and putting (from right to left) troll skull, golden claw, centurion dynamo core, statue of dibella (haelga, riften) I reload to find everything on the floor 5 feet away. I search The internet for means of keeping them there and I thought I found it so I tried it and everything stayed except the statue of dibella. I really want to display this thing but I can't continue to put it back every time.

13 answers to this question

Guest Interior Designer quittin

I dropped the items in a pile, left the house, reloaded the autosave that happens when you leave an area, went back in the house, placed the items, manual save, reload manual save, statue on floor.

I've attempted many many times to decorate my house, but the are always just thrown off of the shelves. I always blamed my wife and that is why we had a....disagreement. Ignore the smell coming from my closet.

That being said, I just gave up and stuck with decorations the game allowed me to put up (shields, swords, books, etc). I don't really know of any way to permanently put up decorations besides the ones that are allowed by the game specifically.

If nobody has anything left to say about the statue then I have another question, is there any way to keep stolen thieves guild items? What I mean is if vex asks me to take some ship in a bottle or urn, is there a way for me to take it back and display it in my own home?

There's no guide? No combination of saves, movements, and dragging? In the vast Internet nobody has anything?

There are little tricks like what you mentioned earlier, but nothing that's going to work 100% of the time. Some things won't ever stay in place in all likelihood. If reloading the area by loading/re-entering doesn't work I don't know what else would.

If nobody has anything left to say about the statue then I have another question, is there any way to keep stolen thieves guild items? What I mean is if vex asks me to take some ship in a bottle or urn, is there a way for me to take it back and display it in my own home?

If Vex gives you mini-quests to retrieve various items, you won't be able to remove them from your inventory other than when giving it to her.

Hope this has helped. Sorry about the wait.

I know some items are set on display in the thieves guild after you give them to Vex. I personally stole back the Eye of the Falmer and the Bust of the Grey Fox.

Those are main quest items though. I don't think any of Vex's stuff is displayed anywhere.

It's not like it would hurt to look, just don't get your hopes up.