Aggravating Decorating!

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Interior Designist quittin

Interior Designist quittin

I just spent 25 minutes clearing a shelf and putting (from right to left) troll skull, golden claw, centurion dynamo core, statue of dibella (haelga, riften) I reload to find everything on the floor 5 feet away. I search The internet for means of keeping them there and I thought I found it so I tried it and everything stayed except the statue of dibella. I really want to display this thing but I can't continue to put it back every time.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

Can you share what you already tried? If it's being temperamental  you may just need to try a different place. Sometimes things act oddly when too close to other objects.

Interior Designer quittin

Interior Designer quittin

I dropped the items in a pile, left the house, reloaded the autosave that happens when you leave an area, went back in the house, placed the items, manual save, reload manual save, statue on floor.

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts

I've attempted many many times to decorate my house, but the are always just thrown off of the shelves. I always blamed my wife and that is why we had a....disagreement. Ignore the smell coming from my closet.

That being said, I just gave up and stuck with decorations the game allowed me to put up (shields, swords, books, etc). I don't really know of any way to permanently put up decorations besides the ones that are allowed by the game specifically.

Is everybody sure there is no way to display the statue? I'll just put it in a chest if I have to but I would much prefer to display it.

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts

Just to give you a personal experience, I had a Statue of Dibella I wanted to display but just sitting it on the floor. It was fallen over and moved 5 feet from it's original place everytime I re entered the house.

There's no guide? No combination of saves, movements, and dragging? In the vast Internet nobody has anything?

If nobody has anything left to say about the statue then I have another question, is there any way to keep stolen thieves guild items? What I mean is if vex asks me to take some ship in a bottle or urn, is there a way for me to take it back and display it in my own home?

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

There's no guide? No combination of saves, movements, and dragging? In the vast Internet nobody has anything?

There are little tricks like what you mentioned earlier, but nothing that's going to work 100% of the time. Some things won't ever stay in place in all likelihood. If reloading the area by loading/re-entering doesn't work I don't know what else would.

If nobody has anything left to say about the statue then I have another question, is there any way to keep stolen thieves guild items? What I mean is if vex asks me to take some ship in a bottle or urn, is there a way for me to take it back and display it in my own home?

If Vex gives you mini-quests to retrieve various items, you won't be able to remove them from your inventory other than when giving it to her.

Hope this has helped. Sorry about the wait.

But can you get it back after giving it to her?

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

Unfortunately you can't.

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts

Unfortunately you can't.

I know some items are set on display in the thieves guild after you give them to Vex. I personally stole back the Eye of the Falmer and the Bust of the Grey Fox.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

I know some items are set on display in the thieves guild after you give them to Vex. I personally stole back the Eye of the Falmer and the Bust of the Grey Fox.

Those are main quest items though. I don't think any of Vex's stuff is displayed anywhere.

It's not like it would hurt to look, just don't get your hopes up.

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts

Those are main quest items though. I don't think any of Vex's stuff is displayed anywhere.

It's not like it would hurt to look, just don't get your hopes up.

Oh. He was talking about the reoccurring quest crap.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com