was and orc a bad choice?

NoRegrets

so just started a new game on a new account.  picked the orc.   was this a good decision or are they good.  ive heard that doing the orc class will be a pain to upgrade and work through.  but they should be a badass in combat at higher levels right?   and what about the strongholds,  do i get bonuses from them.

I enjoyed my Orc character. Went Heavy Armor, dual wielded axes, and just went to town on anything who made fun of my horns. And their race ability is pretty much the only one that is both unique and gets better as you get stronger.

I don't really see how it'll be a pain to level/upgrade as all races leveled/upgraded the same for me. Well, maybe mages were a bit harder, but I digress.

As for Orc strongholds, some of them that require you to do a favor for the Orcs to access can be entered as soon as you get to them. I know that the place with the big Ebony mine will let you in without getting the gloves for them first.