Percentage of vote: 0.00%

14. Black Ops 2
    1 votes - 33.33%

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts

Well, 2012 is coming to a close. We survived 3 apocolypses and once again Activision dominated the market with its cookie cutter shooter, CoD. We're here to celebrate the good, however. Think back on what your favorite game this year was, and share why you enjoyed it so much.

For me, it would have to be Dragon's Dogma. This is literally how I discovered the game:

I was on Poweruprewards.com

Me: You know what the perfect game would be? I want a game with Dragon Age's party based combat, Skyrim's open world, and Shadow of the Colossus's boss battles. Hmm, what's this game Poweruprewards is recommending to me? Dragon's Dogma? Let's see what it's about.

Site: This game involves venturing across an open world with your three companions. One of the unique features of this game is the ability to climb large monsters, kind of like in Shadow of the Colossus.

Me: (falls out of chair)

So, yeah, that's how I discovered it. Indeed, it was an excellent game, meeting my expectations, though it wasn't quite the same as what I expected. Indeed, I feel like anyone into RPGs, especially Skyrim and Dragon Age, should give this game a try.

So, what was your GotY? I'm putting a poll of what I think some of the answers will be, but if your GotY isn't on there, post it and I'll add it to the list.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Eric the Bard

Eric the Bard

• 624 Posts

I bought one game this year: GW2

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts

I bought one game this year: GW2

Added to the poll.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
Haven't played a single game on the poll, though I do have ACIII. I just have a backlog of 1-2 year old games like Uncharted 3 and Heavy Rain. 2012 honestly had a really weak showing of great games, though. I didn't really realize it until I looked at the options.

APOLLYON

APOLLYON

• 406 Posts

I bought 4 games this year, Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, Borderlands 2, and Black Ops 2.

The only game that when given free time and nothing else to do, Borderlands 2 was the only game that I played for over 16+ hours straight.

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts

I bought 4 games this year, Diablo 3, Mass Effect 3, Borderlands 2, and Black Ops 2.

The only game that when given free time and nothing else to do, Borderlands 2 was the only game that I played for over 16+ hours straight.

How could I have forgotten about Borderlands 2? Added.

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts

2012 honestly had a really weak showing of great games, though. I didn't really realize it until I looked at the options.

Far Cry 3 is amazing. I'm watching my brother play it right now. It's like a modern day Bethesda game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com