The Lack of New Members

David

I'm at a loss at this point. We're going several days, if not a week, between having new people register. It's not even that they're not posting after joining anymore - people simply aren't registering. It's odd. Traffic has slowed as much as is to be expected with school and everything, but jeebus. I log out and look at the site from the perspective of a guest and it doesn't seem bad; I'd even say it's significantly better than our rival sites (I'm looking at you, inexplicably successful skyrimforums.org).Maybe I'm just a homer? Are the ads too intrusive? Help me out with advice guys.

The only thing I can think of is that not as many people are interested in Skyrim now, and as you mentioned that people are busy with school. But I still find it weird that people aren't registering. Another thing I just thought of is maybe that we don't have a whole lot of discussion going on about more recent games that people would want to contribute to.

• Upvote 1

Yes, I think we need to make our site look less like it's all about Skyrim, and let people know that we cover many different games. For example:Dark Souls (New DLC should pick up popularity, plus PvP means popularity never really goes down)Dragon's Dogma (Constant new DLC, free DLC later this year, expansion next year)Playstation All-Stars Battle RoyaleDust 514 (It's free on Ps3, so it's bound to have a lot of players.)God of War: AscensionCastlevania: Lords of Shadow 2The Last GuardianFinal Fantasy XIII (Series)Kingdom Hearts (Series)

Talk to me about how school effects anything?I go to work from 6am - 5pm, i get home, and if i dont go out to the pub, or to play football/squash/do something with my bitch GF, then i chec our TRR's site.I easily check this site over 4 times a week, and each day i manage to respond to a few posts, or maybe even start a few .. rather pointless posts.I don't get how school can make things any worse than my situation is.

Talk to me about how school effects anything?I go to work from 6am - 5pm, i get home, and if i dont go out to the pub, or to play football/squash/do something with my bitch GF, then i chec our TRR's site.I easily check this site over 4 times a week, and each day i manage to respond to a few posts, or maybe even start a few .. rather pointless posts.I don't get how school can make things any worse than my situation is.

General web traffic drops greatly during the school year for sites like this because our demographic is pretty young. Right now we're getting like 50% as many visitors as we were during July. It doesn't change existing members as much, but with any drop in traffic you're going to have less new people registering since only a small percentage of visitors ever actually sign up.Middle/High School and college students have a lot of free time during the summer and will burn a lot of it online furiously f5ing pages.

General web traffic drops greatly during the school year for sites like this because our demographic is pretty young. Right now we're getting like 50% as many visitors as we were during July. It doesn't change existing members as much, but with any drop in traffic you're going to have less new people registering since only a small percentage of visitors ever actually sign up.Middle/High School and college students have a lot of free time during the summer and will burn a lot of it online furiously f5ing pages.

Makes sense, i think.