Cant Walk or Talk or use any button except Journal

Guest Walter

Question

I went into breezehome talked to lydia and turnned around and I froze. My character cannot walk or move. All he can do is look arround. It gives me options to interact with the objects like chests and doors and even talk to Lydia but i cant activate them. NONE of the buttons work except opening the Journal using Start. I have reloaded the game and restarted the console several times. I dont have any other saves so I cant load another game. How do I fix this?

4 answers to this question

You NEED to have multiple manual saves files for these Bethesda games. Did you also turn the autosave feature off? The game should generate three saves automatically that you should be able to reload prior to entering the house and having the game freeze. Without one, there's a decent chance that you're just going to be out of luck unless you start a new character.Your only real option without multiple saves is to delete the game's cache, install data, and patch data. Note that these are NOT your game save files. If that fails, you're probably going to have to make a new file, unfortunately.