Photo

LoL, Dota2, HoN

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Tynisa

Tynisa

• 761 Posts
3 games, 3 MOBA's.Let's talk.I prefer LoL, yet i havent played the others, so maybe i dont know the difference. I only know about things i have heard about both of these games.HoN is darkDota2 is a lot slower to start up in actual action, as farming is paramount in the early levelsDota/hon you can lasthit your own creeps, or something along these lines?Anyway, i wanted to have a fun discussion about these three games, and why people play/don't play one or the other.Preferably dont turn it into a flame fest, more just a general manly discussion. Not expecting flames though .. we have quite a nice community.--I like LoL because of the ranked 5's. There is a lot of team composition/laning strategys, and the different timings of champion picking in the draft part of a game is fun.I havent exactly gone in-depth about why i play LoL, but im sure i can elaborate if we get soem responses going.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Labush

Labush

• 96 Posts
There are many things I like in HoN and dislike in LoL.Things I like in HoN:1) Ignoring people. If a player flames, /ignore [player name] and boom. Ignored for the rest of the life.2) Graphic. The graphics are mature and very realistic.3) Finding matches is very easy. It takes about 1-2mins to put you inside a match with players at your level.4) Balanced heroes.Things I don't like in LoL.1) Graphic. So childish.2) Unbalanced heroes.3) It takes ages to go inside a match... 1-2mins to choose a hero, the loading sequence and the waiting for the first round of creeps, about 4-5 mins.4) Hiding in bushes makes you invisible? Seriously?5) 1 Passive, 4 spells (per hero) and 2 spells bonus? Dafuq do you think I am, an octopus?6) Flaming players that cant be ignored.That'll be it for now xD. Will think more later :D

Snuggles

Snuggles

• 152 Posts

3 games, 3 MOBA's.Let's talk.

Well, first things first. All of these games are based off of the original DotA ( I assume anyway, I have never heard of HoN but I know DotA has been around for a very long time ). Which means DotA2 has years of experience and input compared to the others.

HoN is darkDota2 is a lot slower to start up in actual action, as farming is paramount in the early levelsDota/hon you can lasthit your own creeps, or something along these lines?

Not sure how HoN being dark matters, unless you're just into that sort of thing. The important thing is gameplay and community in a game like this.Also, you can last hit creeps in DotA2. It's called denying, something that was very important in the original DotA and could either make or break an entire game. If your opponent never has enough creep to kill and level up, then you've got the advantage. It means more strategy which means a higher level of gameplay.

I like LoL because of the ranked 5's. There is a lot of team composition/laning strategys, and the different timings of champion picking in the draft part of a game is fun.

Not sure what the ranked system is exactly. I usually just play random games with random friends. team Composition and laning are both very important in DotA as well though. Same with the champions. Some are great early game champs, that tend to decline later unless fed. Some are slow starting but once they have the right item setups they are amazing.In that sense, both games are pretty much exactly the same. Although I feel DotA does it better simply because they have the experience. Also, LoL pretty much steals everything DotA2 does, rehashes it, and claims it as their own. I forget the latest DotA2 heroes name, but about two weeks later. LoL came out with a Hero very similar looking, with almost the exact same Ultimate.I feel the only thing LoL does better is balancing their heroes, which aren't really balanced at all. At least in DotA2, the top tier is usually banned in high level play and almost every hero is OP.Also, the community for DotA2 is way better. LoL players just get angry, or feed the opponent, or rage quit. DotA2 has ways of dealing with this. Someone who flames is usually muted within a day or so, very quickly. Also, if someone quits, then the whole team is allowed to quit with no penalty and the quitter goes to a special query with other quitters. Not the mention you CAN NOT SURRENDER in DotA2! That is probably the stupidest thing I have ever seen in my life. The person who thought of it should be shot in both kneecaps :|I think LoL had the right idea at first. A free MOBA run by the community. That was quickly run into the ground though, and we now have the LoL we all see. Making me pay for heroes ( or putting hundreds of hours into the game ) is definitely not worth it. Especially when in DotA2 I make one payment and have every hero available to me.I don't have enough experience with all three games to say a LOT about them. I only know what I've read and the 10-20 matches of experience I have in both LoL and DotA2. I also have friends who are high level players of both games, and even the LoL players tell me that DotA2 is the superior game. They simply play LoL because it's dumbed down and easier to be the best at when everyone else is so bad, lol.

Daniel

Daniel

• 193 Posts
what is hon

Snuggles

Snuggles

• 152 Posts

what is hon

http://www.heroesofnewerth.com

Daniel

Daniel

• 193 Posts
Basically LoL then?

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts
From what I've heardLoL is for kidsDota2 is for the prosHoN is for the people that know there shit and have actually heard of it

Fergal

Fergal

• 1,500 Posts
Are these games worth downloading? Getting bored of FPS... :P

Labush

Labush

• 96 Posts
Brad, their*. Yes Fergal, download HoN. More skilled players than LoL and Dota2 combined.

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts

Brad, their*. Yes Fergal, download HoN. More skilled players than LoL and Dota2 combined.

their is there isthere is they are

Snuggles

Snuggles

• 152 Posts

Basically DotA then?

Fixed, and yes.

I'm intrigued by this. Since I have never heard of HoN and I never see any high level gameplay videos on Twitch or any other streaming website. Even LoL has majors at MLG. Could you maybe link to some high level gameplay footage? I already plan on researching the heroes and the game in general.

Fergal

Fergal

• 1,500 Posts

Thanks. HoN eh, I'll check that out later. Which is most popular within Elder Scrolls though, I wonder.

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts

Thanks. HoN eh, I'll check that out later. Which is most popular within Elder Scrolls though, I wonder.

Fergal me and you, lets play together haha add me on skype ;)

Labush

Labush

• 96 Posts
Search on youtube Honcast! It shows some of the most epic plays of the week and also streams tournaments around the world. Here is a small sample.Keep in mind that HoN has over 100 heroes, most from Dota, and some designed by them. They add a new hero every 4 weeks(they used to do ti every other week, but the community wanted it to change).Other advantages to HoN? Ingame teamspeak, possibility to reconnect to a game incase you disconnect, 3 1minute pause(can be longer if you can convince the other team to not unpause).If you decide to get this game, add me `Scully. I advise you to play some public no stats games first, to get hold of heroes first. Just add me and i'll explain everything you need to know. If you want, i can make you a list with the Dota heroes that are on HoN.

Tynisa

Tynisa

• 761 Posts

1. Not sure how HoN being dark matters.2. Also, you can last hit creeps in DotA2. It's called denying.3. Some are great early game champs, that tend to decline later unless fed. Some are slow starting but once they have the right item setups they are amazing.4. I forget the latest DotA2 heroes name, but about two weeks later. LoL came out with a Hero very similar looking, with almost the exact same Ultimate.5. Also, the community for DotA2 is way better. LoL players just get angry, or feed the opponent, or rage quit.6. Especially when in DotA2 I make one payment and have every hero available to me.

Shortened your post to make for an easier read , but have hopefully not forgotten the full details, lolol,1. No idea, its just what i heard :-P2. You can "deny" creeps and XP if you have gotten ahead in the laning phase far enough by harassing your opposing laner to a point where they can't lasthit creeps without taking too much harass. - Its not exactly that simple, but the theory is there.I still don't quite understand how being able to lasthit your own creeps makes any sense, and would like it explained in more detail if you don't mind.3. Same. Early/Midgame/Endgame champs exist - But its not usually the be all and end all to a teamcomp, it can be based on quite a few factors. Eg. Laning, Teamfights, Synergy, Viability - but im sure that would be the same in any of these games?4. Suppose there are always going to be champions that are the same, but surely there are enough champs that are equally different to balance it out.5. Community is bad, agreed. You can ignore people ingame though, or at least, i thought you could, i'd have to research it. True though that leavers and feeders should be punished better, but if your good enough, you can still carry out of that hell hole - and to me, its actually kinda fun testing my limits of patience and skill.6. Hero's do take ages to aquire, or you need quite a bit of cash, so we are fully agreed :-P7. To Labuuuuushshshshhhh. Ingame teamspeak sounds AWESOME, and i wish LoL had it. Njaha.8. Another for Labush, Bushes making you invis - your only invis if you dont have an ability on you that makes your visible - Eg Nidalee Traps, Lee Sins ... "E" Or the bush is warded. This makes for a few interesting bits of strategy.Eg. You can go into a bush, and as another person enters it, run out - this usually means they will misclick you, and gives you a juking option. --This post also makes points about a couple of Labush's posts, i just couldnt be bothered to quote everything.My apologies if i have answered to any of things things slightly askew, im kinda tired.--Quick one, can you ward things in HoN and Dota?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com