To the Moon

Snuggles

So, was just introduced to

to this amazing pc game. I have yet to actually play it, just finished my download now.Just from this single trailer and the reviews I've read, this game is going to be blow me away. The music and the storyline from that single video easily tug at your heart.People have claimed it to be "The deepest story to ever be told in a game". Which, if you ask me, is a pretty bold statement. Especially from a game rocking 16-bit graphics and created by an indie group. There are a lot of amazingly deep storylines and games out there. I think this game will pull it off though. How can you go wrong with ratings like this;

“How do I explain why it’s brilliant without spoiling what makes it so?â€- Eurogamer 9/10“To the Moon is a game you must play.â€- GameSpot 8/10“I guess the music’s kinda nice.â€- Developer’s Aunt“It’s simple, poignant, and full of heart.â€- PC World (GamePro) 10/10

I was sold at "I guess the music's kinda nice". Dat Aunt.I'll post more information about the game, and my opinions as I traverse the world they will be bringing me into. I have to say after reading the description of the game and already being almost brought to the verge of tears from a simple announcement trailer. I have high hopes for this game, and I've only known about it for less than an hour.The game is currently on sale on Steam for $8 ( From what i was told ). It is also available here from the official website.
  • Upvote 1

I haven't had a chance to really play any games lately, have a Skullgirls tournament I had to practice for. I'll be finishing this game tomorrow with a full review though.I will say this though. Get this game. It's like $10, and the story/music are just.... amazing. I don't even know how else to put it. So many tears brought to my eyes.

I was a pro gramer when I played FPS still. My squad kind of fell apart though, so I moved on to fighting games about 6-8 months ago. Only been to two majors, took fourth at both. One at MLG Raleigh for MK9 and Skullgirls at MidWest Championships. Kinda choked in both tournaments but it wasn't too bad. Only problem is the scene here for fighting games is pretty bad. I might as well just be playing online. Unless I wanted to play Melee, but the people here at NCState are way out of my league.Brawl is pretty hard to take seriously as a fighter. Since the maker literally added 'tripping' at random times just to make it uncompetitive. That's why you see more Melee players than anything else. Also, with ProjectM being created by the top Melee players Brawl just kind of fell off the map. I love Brawl, but not competitively in the 'I'm here to win and make money' sort of sense.

Brawl is pretty hard to take seriously as a fighter. Since the maker literally added 'tripping' at random times just to make it uncompetitive. That's why you see more Melee players than anything else.

I agree that Melee is a better competitive fighter. The problem is that I became so used to Brawl's mechanics that it became hard to play Melee, since my technique involved mid air smash attacks. Mid air smash attacks are harder to pull off in Melee.I was thinking that at one point two of my friends and I could form a competitive gaming group. One is good at action adventure games, one is good at shooters, and I'm good at platformers and RPGs.

Finally had a chance to finish this game today. The ending has left me speechless. I will hopefully have a review by the end of the night.This is a must play though. A game that will blow you away with it's beauty. A gem I am so sad I missed up until now.

What was your "gamertag" thing at MLG Raleigh.I watched quite a bit of the Soul Calibur IV (or VI) and MK9. That Freddy Kreuger guy was funny to watch,

What was your "gamertag" thing at MLG Raleigh.I watched quite a bit of the Soul Calibur IV (or VI) and MK9. That Freddy Kreuger guy was funny to watch,

I didn't go this year. Got my wisdom teeth pulled so I didn't have the money or time. I was there last year though, under the GT 'Snuggles'.I only entered MK9 last year. Lost to HDCloud in the tournament. Single elimination was pretty stupid, since the person who took fourth ( Cerebrum - A Raiden main with Kabal counter-pick ) never beat me once, and the person who took third ( ESP Gangsta - Lou Kang main with Kung Lao counter pick ) was evenly matched with me. In fact, Cerebrum, the guy who took fourth, only had to play one match and almost Babalitied his opponent to take a $500 prize. In order to babality, you have to win the match without blocking once... needless to say, I was pretty salty watching that. Even though I was the one who started chanting "BABALITY!" lol. I was happy to be the first person to play and win, and the first person to do a fatality in front of the crowd. Even got up and slid my thumb across my throat as it was going on behind me, since Kitana decapitates her opponent xD.Reo took first of course, but this was back when Kung Lao was stupidly OP. Hecter ( one of the makers of MK9 who is at all the tournaments ) even admitted that he was, and always will be the top tier simply because he was the flag ship character. They purposely gave him all the tools he needed for any situation because he was a test. He even had Kitana's Pretty Kick at one point before the game was released. I think this is kind of why I dropped MK9 honestly.The only video up of the event is this one here taken by TheDemoGuy I believe. hard to tell what's going on, but Reo is the one in the hoodie, CloudHD the one in white. I have a picture of the brackets somewhere too.Who was the Freddy Kruger player? Last time I played in an MK9 tournament he was broken and banned, lol. He could make himself invincible to projectiles and had 78% 6-hit combos. The only players I watch now are OSU-16-Bit and Konqrr, and CDJR. Since they are amazing Kitana players.

I didn't go this year. Got my wisdom teeth pulled so I didn't have the money or time. I was there last year though, under the GT 'Snuggles'.I only entered MK9 last year. Lost to HDCloud in the tournament. Single elimination was pretty stupid, since the person who took fourth ( Cerebrum - A Raiden main with Kabal counter-pick ) never beat me once, and the person who took third ( ESP Gangsta - Lou Kang main with Kung Lao counter pick ) was evenly matched with me. In fact, Cerebrum, the guy who took fourth, only had to play one match and almost Babalitied his opponent to take a $500 prize. In order to babality, you have to win the match without blocking once... needless to say, I was pretty salty watching that. Even though I was the one who started chanting "BABALITY!" lol. I was happy to be the first person to play and win, and the first person to do a fatality in front of the crowd. Even got up and slid my thumb across my throat as it was going on behind me, since Kitana decapitates her opponent xD.Reo took first of course, but this was back when Kung Lao was stupidly OP. Hecter ( one of the makers of MK9 who is at all the tournaments ) even admitted that he was, and always will be the top tier simply because he was the flag ship character. They purposely gave him all the tools he needed for any situation because he was a test. He even had Kitana's Pretty Kick at one point before the game was released. I think this is kind of why I dropped MK9 honestly.The only video up of the event is this one here taken by TheDemoGuy I believe. hard to tell what's going on, but Reo is the one in the hoodie, CloudHD the one in white. I have a picture of the brackets somewhere too.Who was the Freddy Kruger player? Last time I played in an MK9 tournament he was broken and banned, lol. He could make himself invincible to projectiles and had 78% 6-hit combos. The only players I watch now are OSU-16-Bit and Konqrr, and CDJR. Since they are amazing Kitana players.

I didnt need to quote all this, but i did anyway.Okay, i can't honestly remember names, because i was just watching randomly over the weekend inbetween League of Legends streams.I think the Freddy player eventually lost, and in the finals it was Kabal vs that ninja bloke who can attack people with spectral images of himself, i think he is blind?Freddy just zoned, and kept comboing his stupid claw outta the ground for big combos.You going to anymore MLG's? I will keep an eye out for you.

So you would choose 4 aesthetic items...in a FIRST PERSON GAME, over a brand new game that comes highly recommended?With all due respect, you're insane.

I think he meant real hats, lol. Also, I don't agree with this. Especially since it's a third party game. Torrent it if you must though. This game should be played by everyone.In fact, I'm pretty sure this game is still in the top 20 most downloaded games on Steam.

I didnt need to quote all this, but i did anyway.Okay, i can't honestly remember names, because i was just watching randomly over the weekend inbetween League of Legends streams.I think the Freddy player eventually lost, and in the finals it was Kabal vs that ninja bloke who can attack people with spectral images of himself, i think he is blind?Freddy just zoned, and kept comboing his stupid claw outta the ground for big combos.You going to anymore MLG's? I will keep an eye out for you.

Kenshi is the blind guy, which makes me think it was PigOfTheHut playing. Freddy is one of the best zoning characters in the game. So that's what he should be expected to do, lol. Kenshi is the best anti-zoning character in the game, except against Freddy. Since most of Freddys zoning attacks are technically melee and not ranged. Not sure who actually mains Freddy though, I haven't kept up with the metagame in a few months now.I probably won't be at anymore MLGs. My gaming career kind of took a back seat in the past year or so for real life issues. I hope to be back in the game ( lolpun ) in a few years though. Once I get my own life straightened out.------------------On topic though. I promise to have a review written up soon. Just been awfully busy looking for a new job. I have today and tomorrow off though, so it should be up eventually. Lol

I think he meant real hats, lol. Also, I don't agree with this. Especially since it's a third party game. Torrent it if you must though. This game should be played by everyone.In fact, I'm pretty sure this game is still in the top 20 most downloaded games on Steam.Kenshi is the blind guy, which makes me think it was PigOfTheHut playing. Freddy is one of the best zoning characters in the game. So that's what he should be expected to do, lol. Kenshi is the best anti-zoning character in the game, except against Freddy. Since most of Freddys zoning attacks are technically melee and not ranged. Not sure who actually mains Freddy though, I haven't kept up with the metagame in a few months now.I probably won't be at anymore MLGs. My gaming career kind of took a back seat in the past year or so for real life issues. I hope to be back in the game ( lolpun ) in a few years though. Once I get my own life straightened out.------------------On topic though. I promise to have a review written up soon. Just been awfully busy looking for a new job. I have today and tomorrow off though, so it should be up eventually. Lol

Pig is the correct name, yes! D:And yeah, Kenshi, thats the guy. Lol. Kinda gathered freddy was built for the zoning, kinda fun to watch, ish.Get back on the horse so i can spectate your ass.

I think he meant real hats, lol. Also, I don't agree with this. Especially since it's a third party game. Torrent it if you must though. This game should be played by everyone.In fact, I'm pretty sure this game is still in the top 20 most downloaded games on Steam.

Believe it or not, I actually meant in-game hats. Also, torrents scare me.

So you would choose 4 aesthetic items...in a FIRST PERSON GAME, over a brand new game that comes highly recommended?With all due respect, you're insane.

You don't realize how much I love hats. Also, the hats aren't for me. THEY ARE FOR MY ENEMIES WHEN i GIBBB THEM