More Info on GW2?

Nathan

So I'm considering at some point getting GW2 but I have never played the original and I know pretty much nothing about it so I'd like to know more before deciding whether to get it.The main things I would like to know is what it costs, ie. Is it a one off payment for the game or is it more like WOW where you have to buy the game AND pay a monthly fee. Also just some basic background information would be good. I've tried looking for this myself but haven't really gotten anywhere with it so I figured you guys would probably be able to answer my questions.

You buy the game once and get free access for life, COD-like ;) When GW1 was still a popular game they made like 1 expansion per year, which you could buy if you wanted to. The game is free, however, you can buy some bonusses with real money, like extra bank space (not sure about bank space) and appearance-related stuff. It isn't pay to win.In GW1 the charr and the human race were at war. The charr destroyed Ascalon and stuff like that, but in GW2 it seems they have to work together. It has a unique event system, where events just happen randomly ( ''dynamic events'') and you can choose to help or not; for instance a horde of bears is attacking a village; if you don't help, I think the village will be massacred. For some real background information, I suggest you visit the wiki ;) The game does have mazes, instances, bosses, quests, storyline, pvp (world versus world wtfbbq)

You buy the game once and get free access for life, COD-like ;) When GW1 was still a popular game they made like 1 expansion per year, which you could buy if you wanted to. The game is free, however, you can buy some bonusses with real money, like extra bank space (not sure about bank space) and appearance-related stuff. It isn't pay to win.

Cool, thats what I thought, I just wanted to make sure. Thanks for that :)
  • Upvote 1