Overall Dollar SalesTotal consumer spend (rentals, used sales, digital estimates included): $1.1 billion
[*]Total retail sales: $548.4 million (-20%)
[*]Non-PC hardware: $150.7 million (-32%)
[*]Non-PC software: $260.7 million (-23%)
[*]Total software: $278.2 million (-23%)
[*]Accessories: $136.9 million (+8%)
[/list]Drops in profits range from 1/5 in total retail sales to nearly 1/3 in non-PC hardware.
NCAA Football 13 led the pack of most-sold video games during July, likely due to the limited number of new releases (it was the only new release even featured in the top 10).
Top 10 Games for July 2012Title (Platforms) - Publisher
1. NCAA Football 13 (X360, PS3) - Electronic Arts
2. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (X360, PS3, Wii, Vita, 3DS, DS, PC) - WBIE
3. The Amazing Spider-Man (Wii, X360, PS3, 3DS, DS) - Activision
4. Just Dance 3 (Wii, X360, PS3) - Ubisoft
5. Batman: Arkham City (X360, PS3, PC) - WBIE
6. Call of Duty: Black Ops (X360, PS3, Wii, PC, DS, PC) - Activision
7. Assassin's Creed: Revelations (X360, PS3, PC) - Ubisoft
8. NBA 2K12 (X360, PS3, PS2, PSP, Wii, PC) - Take-Two
9. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (X360, PS3, Wii, PC) - Activision
10. Dead Island (X360, PS3, PC) - Deep Silver
Do any of these statistics surprise you? Leave your thoughts in the comments below!
Click here to view the article