Photo

GW2 Server

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts
Okay which server we going to play on? :PI'd rather decide now than a few days before lmaoon the beta i played on Pyken Square or some shit, but I really couldnt care as long as everyone speaks english :x

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Huygens

Huygens

• 1,271 Posts
Are we restricted to one server?

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts
No idea, just thought it would be cool to have a base server

Huygens

Huygens

• 1,271 Posts
Agreed, maybe we could all join the same guild or maybe even start an own guild. My brother is probably going to play as well, hopefully he will join my server :)

Huygens

Huygens

• 1,271 Posts
Just found this on a Dutch GW community site:

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Tussen vrijdagavond 21:00 (de start van BWE3) en zondagochtend 03:00 (dus beide Nederlandse tijd) is hetgratis om tussen thuiswerelden te verhuizen. Na zondagochtend 03:00 kost het verhuizen tussen werelden het volgende:[/font]

[*]1800 gems om te verhuizen naar een high population wereld
    [*]1000 gems om te verhuizen naar een medium population wereld
    [*]500 gems om te verhuizen naar een low population wereld
    [/list][background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Lees de originele post op het GW2 forum voor informatie over hoe gems worden doorbelast.[/font]

Translated:

Between Friday evening 9pm (start of BWE3) and Sundaymorning 03am (Dutch times) it's free to move your 'homeworld'. After Sundaymorning this will cost you:
    1800 gems to move to a high population world
    1000 gems to move to a medium population world
    500 gems to move to a low population world

Not sure I want a high or low population world, though. As long as it's English (or Dutch), I'm fine I guess

Edit: sorry for double post

Edited by Huygens, August 02, 2012 - 11:05 AM.

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts
yer top stuff, you cant just make a new character on a different server then? and eventually all the starting servers will be high pop lol

Huygens

Huygens

• 1,271 Posts
Not necessarily, maybe if they keep making new servers, they won't. Like they used to do on RS

Eric the Bard

Eric the Bard

• 624 Posts
I think all your characters will be limited to one server, but I know that you can buy gems for real money and change your homeworld.Also, found these sites:http://www.guildwars...english-server/http://gw2news.net/w...lds-collection/I'd like to play on a low-pop English server. Then again, it's probably better with higher pop to do good in PvP. We need to decide what pop we want to play on aswell. Desolation sound alright to me, but that will probably be a mid/high-pop server.Edit: Maybe we should play on a server with mostly PvP clans, but few clans. Then we might do alright in PvP. Whiteside Ridge sound alright.

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts

I think all your characters will be limited to one server, but I know that you can buy gems for real money and change your homeworld.Also, found these sites:http://www.guildwars...english-server/http://gw2news.net/w...lds-collection/I'd like to play on a low-pop English server. Then again, it's probably better with higher pop to do good in PvP. We need to decide what pop we want to play on aswell. Desolation sound alright to me, but that will probably be a mid/high-pop server.Edit: Maybe we should play on a server with mostly PvP clans, but few clans. Then we might do alright in PvP. Whiteside Ridge sound alright.

First off welcome back :P How was your trip?I personally havent played many server games like this :P but when I have its always been on High Pop Servers, I go by the logic: I like to talk, theres more players !Also surely if we did the server PvP thingie a High Pop would be better? but I dont really know a lot :')But I was on Piken Sqaure on the beta and i only ever spoke to english speaking people :/ so that could be a good choice for low pop?they also said something about guesting on that first link eric? anyone got any ideas what that is?

Eric the Bard

Eric the Bard

• 624 Posts

First off welcome back :P How was your trip?I personally havent played many server games like this :P but when I have its always been on High Pop Servers, I go by the logic: I like to talk, theres more players !Also surely if we did the server PvP thingie a High Pop would be better? but I dont really know a lot :')But I was on Piken Sqaure on the beta and i only ever spoke to english speaking people :/ so that could be a good choice for low pop?they also said something about guesting on that first link eric? anyone got any ideas what that is?

My trip was alright, was called in at the hospital though to take some tests of my liver. I might have a very rare congenital disease.You do get some advantages for being low-pop vs. high-pop. I think that high-pop still will have the advantages though. I think a mid-pop server will be best, although a high-pop server is fine for me. The reason I wanted low-pop was because I hated when there was lots of people around and the monsters got too hard to kill, and I like exploring without lots of people around me. Seafarer’s Rest and look like a nice server for english mid-pop, Desolation and Gandara looks like nice servers for high-pop.

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts
after playing the stress-test, low pop or med pop would be best imo :P

Eric the Bard

Eric the Bard

• 624 Posts
Posted Image
Just so everyone sees it^^

Huygens

Huygens

• 1,271 Posts
Okay, Ill join Piken Square ;), well, actually, is it European or American?

Eric the Bard

Eric the Bard

• 624 Posts

Okay, Ill join Piken Square ;), well, actually, is it European or American?

European. Both me and Brad are Europeans, and you are aswell.

Huygens

Huygens

• 1,271 Posts
Nice, I was just wondering because of the time differences ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com