Photo

August 1st, 2012 - The End of TRR (ed. HYPOTHETICAL)

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

AlmaWade

AlmaWade

• 16 Posts
I regret not asking to post here but who would I ask?I worked hard during my time in TRR but the immaturity drove me off more then anything, not the inactivity as there was allways people on but the lack of mature adults.There were some but it got ridicolous.Closing the clan is not a solution, when I was told about the abuse of moderation power done here it seemed the hierarchy was so convoluted that it was nigh impossible to figure out what was going on.Maybe you should delete the in numerous ranks, make a leader, officer, member. Simple.Games wane and grow in popularity, however this one seems to have stayed the course. So let the people who wish to remain remain in TRR.And for those like the leader who quit? Then quit.You gave up, others apparently have not. Do not punish them becuase you no longer have the will.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Nathan

Nathan

• 348 Posts
lol, good to see you back Henry, it might actually be what we need right now.

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts
Any recruiters need help in game recruiting find me on the irc. You can fill a CC in a week easily.Made a clan with a friend 100+ active people within a week.

Henry

Henry

• 93 Posts
Thanks for your feedback AlmaWade,

I worked hard during my time in TRR but the immaturity drove me off more then anything, not the inactivity as there was allways people on but the lack of mature adults.

To be frank. Immaturity is a a common issue in most clans these days most of which is just trolling which at times is hilarious and at other extremely inappropriate.
Example: Hey guise, did you watch TDKR? I hear it's to die for.

That will just need a little bit more moderation from staff and clan members. If we allow it to happen or encourage it then we ourselves are also at fault.

Closing the clan is not a solution, when I was told about the abuse of moderation power done here it seemed the hierarchy was so convoluted that it was nigh impossible to figure out what was going on.

That's being addressed by more rigid application reviews.
We wouldn't want to be putting individuals who aren't mature in a position of power.
If you have any could you please give an example of when said power abuse happened?
Just for my own personal curiosity.

While we're on the topic of super hero movies.

"With great power, comes great responsibility."

Uncle Ben says it best.

Maybe you should delete the in numerous ranks, make a leader, officer, member. Simple.

As far as the current ranks and or positions.

EC's main focus is to create events
RT's Recruit and focus on LFC posts and bump our threads on various forums and communities.
Mod's be moderating.
Council members do all of the above while being the living the values of the clan.
Leaders manage and lead the clan on an active basis.

It's all very simple and straight forward. If there's any confusion could please elaborate that'd be great because I would very much like to know.

Games wane and grow in popularity, however this one seems to have stayed the course. So let the people who wish to remain remain in TRR.

I honestly just don't understand where you were going with that or what you mean could you also please elaborate on it.

And for those like the leader who quit? Then quit.

You gave up, others apparently have not. Do not punish them becuase you no longer have the will.

What leader quit? Also, David hasn't given up. If he had this thread wouldn't be in existence. If there was no will to keep going the entire Runescape section would just be a simple community forum not a clan forum. We're here because we want to find the issues plaguing the clan. And we are to address them.
Sadly it's hard to address issues that aren't brought up. =(

As far as closing the clan, yes the thread naming is a bit in bad taste but it was needed to grab the attention of everyone.

Look. The thread was created two whole days ago and how many people have actually read it and bothered to reply?

The answer is 10 people. Ten. Out of the ENTIRE clan.

I'm quite sure there are more then 10 people in TRR.

Clearly there is a problem. Something is broken.

Here's my closing question:

What do you think it is?

Side note:

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5

Saucy

Saucy

• 88 Posts
i must say that it is the clans responsibility as a whole that we are inactive, not any single person. sure diplomats are supposed to recruit but what keeps everyone else from recruiting. like henry said, everyone is just lazy and not stepping up, like what i have done for 3 years and running. i see nothing that's keeping us from coming back again like we have before. in other words dont be me i guess... i encourage all to apply for staff positions and would never tell someone that it's stupidoh and thanks for clearing up that you are Canadian Carroll i must have missed that you were Canadian in your first post about it.i respect everyone who voiced their opinions with the exception of carroll. you, instead of taking up the problem in a better manner decided to use verbal attacks and rage. you also failed to listen what anyone had to say which makes you ignorant, and quite frankly look like a jack ass. (pardon the language but i felt it was neccessary)

AlmaWade

AlmaWade

• 16 Posts
As by my elevation to Diplomat for Forbidden Retribution I wish to state this. There is some issues between my clan and yours. Issues that will elevate to disagreements and bad blood between friends for indescrepencies of the past.Your clan needs to sit down with the members and discussion your issues in a rational and calm manner. If need be set a single member as Liason and have your members contact said person with there issues so said person can record them. Referance the lists and see if certain issues come up more then once. Focus on those issues first to be resolved.Many will not wish to openly state there issues on fear of ridicule or trolling. So you need to go threw a liason system.My issues, despite them being moot now include -- The naming guidelines including openly offensive names- The trolls who have played and are bitter or disillusioned with the game and disbarage the newer wide eyed players.- The confusion over the administration- The pressure to spend more time on forums and irc then the game said forums and irc are based for.- Finally, the fact that do to bad blood I was put in a position of tension between groups of friends.This is only my views, it means little as I have left. However if there is issues with FR, seek me out either on irc AlmaWade, game AlmaWade, or yahoo messenger joyeuxsci

Saucy

Saucy

• 88 Posts
i had no idea that FR was even an issue at this point in time but good luck there

Tcee

Tcee

• 232 Posts
In all honesty, I was too stressed to reply to this topic when I first read it (back when it had just one page). I read the original post as TRR was closed, or to be closed, as a final sentencing, & was totally pissed off/heartbroken since this is my first clan/community I've been a part of.I was discussing, or brainstorming really, the things wrong with the clan in irc with a couple other members, trying to find possible ways to help encourage others to get more active and excited to be part of this community.. But as I lack experience, it was hard to think of new ideas to help out TRR. I have personally expressed my concerns to the Leader not long ago, as well as to a Council member just the other day; Neither seemed too interested; Hopefully this thread gets the job done. Without anymore flaming.*We need stability:-A core group who are available most days, or checks on TRR most days. A group that reaches out to each player online just to see what's new and if things are running smoothly. The core will be Staff, if they choose. Or just people who are always in chat.-Using both the Forums and IRC help with communication and do nothing but help the clan, as far as I can see. If we can get our core using both of these features (at least the forums) slowly we can expand the # of members using, and thus they are better informed of most things going on in TRR. Of course, that is only if our forums remain running..*We need to follow through:-With ideas, not just sweep them under the rug. Even if the idea is "old news", or it's been done in the past, pr seems lke too much work to figure out, it's better than nothing. Never shoot down ideas without supplying a reason and way to do it better.-With events. Events need to take place at the time described on the Event Topic whether the Event Team member is there or not. Anyone can run it, but it looks nice when the higher ups can take the reigns and get things rollin'. Announcing the Event in the CC on numerous occasions may prove helpful to those who only access in-game features.*We need respect. Go take a Customer Sevice job for a week, and learn how to appropriately address people with the respect they deserve. Handle situations delicately and be less abrasive. This clan is a company: it's Staff the employees, the members and future members the customers.... We gotta make them happy and want to stay, and of course without our customers, we won't last.*We need to work. All of Staff chose thier roles by hitting submit after filling out their application. If they don't want it, they shouldn't feel the need to stay in that position. But with those roles come hard work, and great rewards. As long as you can say you try your best, then no need to worry, just be honest with yourself, above all else.Events/Citadel are not mandatory, but they mean a great deal to certain members and if we can keep these going, maintaining activity, we will grow closer and have more fun.*We are awesome! Just need some more motivation. I say we give cookies to all existing members as a thanks<3I'm super bummed I can't be more involved in TRR, I'd truly hate to see it close, especially without a proper conclusion. This thread is definitely a wake up call, one that probably should have come from a Leader, probably when problems were first realized, but at least it's happening now. Lets hope it's not too late for TRR.<3TCFootnote:I'm on my iPod, sorry for any typos/ramblings, I'll re-read this in the morning n fix. Just wanted to give some input before bed.

Huygens

Huygens

• 1,271 Posts

I wasn't really serious about it. It's more or less to motivate people into... You know, actually doing something. There were 0 people in the CC today for hours. No one is even trying, and it's pathetic.Just seeing the responses here, though, I don't think anyone cares. Like 3 responses in 24 hours?@Carroll and Huygens: Seriously? A "stupid way"? Please let me know of any good methods of shutting down a clan. :/

I guess I misunderstood the message this time, I took it seriously, as if there are no other options anymore.

gotab0ner4xmas

gotab0ner4xmas

• 103 Posts
FR is no issue... this is an internal affair?

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts
8 recruits in 40 mins, dont worry gang!!! TRR's invincible !!

Carroll 1

Carroll 1

• 138 Posts

I guess I misunderstood the message this time, I took it seriously, as if there are no other options anymore.

As did i, in which i was infuriated. Whether i sound like an asshole or not, I speak my mind. You can always expect to hear what i think or know.

Dy3nasty666

Dy3nasty666

• 517 Posts

Hm, this is a stupid way to shut down the clan, in my oppinion. It's sad, I'm totally done with Runescape, but I still liked TRR. Well, I will stay on the forums for other games and mainly off-topic shit, anyways.

Im in the same boat at Huygens, I loved TRR I had ALOT of good memories in here like getting 99 cooking and going for wars with you guys, I even got help on an English essay from huy and got 82%. How many others clans would do this? If we do shut down imma be very sad :'(
Posted Image

gotab0ner4xmas

gotab0ner4xmas

• 103 Posts
its apparent you did not read ANYTHING beyond the title..and maybe the first post.perhaps its actions of this nature by everyone thats piledriving TRR thru the tables and chairs and then into the groundand i assume english is a second language in the nethlands...so unless youre a canadian frog, id be embarassed to admit he helped me write a paper on anything other than quantum physics... if french is your primary language, obviously this negates the prior.just calling what i see.but i still dislike the french.

Dy3nasty666

Dy3nasty666

• 517 Posts
It was about their laws and how weed and prostitution are allowed in the Netherlands and not here.... how is that bad lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com