Can't find dragons after dawnguard download

Guest Conquest4500

Question

Guest Conquest4500
After downloading Dawnguard I noticed a few glitches which I'm sure most people have. Now after playing through and being a vampire I completed the Dawnguard DLC and returned back into random quests and work on my smithing. Now I got it high enough to make dragon armors and weapons, but I can't find a single dragon anywhere. I have started the main quest I got to the point where I help the chick from the blades kill that dragon where Alduin brings it back to life. so is anyone having this problem or am I just doing something wrong cause its getting annoying, I'm thinking I'm stupid and missing something but i just want to make sure. Please help.

5 answers to this question

1. what level are you? -it is more likely the higher level you are for them to show up, though it still isn't common2. do/have you deal(t) with other glitches affecting your current save?finally, dragons aren't exactly common in Skyrim, no matter where you are. they are unscripted in the game aside to their base code of what attacks they have, the ability to fly and when they begin to show up (after you kill your first one after Bleak Falls Barrows)

Never heard of anything like that before. Like Unknown said, dragons aren't exactly common. Maybe you are just on a dry one.

If you want, you can look at dragon lairs. There is always a dragon there and they respawn after a certain period of time. This should help you find them.

[*]Ancient's Ascent

[*]Autumnwatch Tower

[*]Bonestrewn Crest

[*]Dragontooth Crater

[*]Eldersblood Peak

[*]Lost Tongue Overlook

[*]Mount Anthor

[*]Northwind Summit

[*]Shearpoint

[*]Skyborn Altar

Also, Since Blex is right, and I can't stress enough, Dragons are NOT common in Skyrim. also generally everything in Skyim has a fairly long respawn.so waiting in a location away from the lair for 3 in-game weeks to 1-3months is a good amount of time.the average respawn time for instance of Ebony veins is roughly 3 weeks. daedra at Mehrunes dagon is also around that much.So please, before you ask why there are no more, just know that like before, they are uncommon and take a long time to respawn, be patient.I hope we helped with your problem-Unknown

Guest Conquest4500

i know they are not common i mean i have walked all of skyrim and havent seen one in my previous games i found them pretty easily flying around granted it was like every 5 minutes but i have had this file for about a month and a half im a level 77 and i have yet to see any dragons except the ones during the main quest since i downloaded dawnguard i not sure if my file was messed up or not so i decided to make another file today and see if that does anything cause i really dont know what else to do