Photo

vampire lord or dawnguard?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts

Ah shit, can you be a vampire when you're a werewolf? Totally didnt think about this. But I love the companions so much :(

Fairly certain that isn't possible, as I think both vampirism and lycantrophy (don't hate on me for misspellings) have a 100% Resitance to Disease.However, you can remove the Resist Diseases through console comands if you play on the pc.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Achilles_lucky_5

Achilles_lucky_5

• 42 Posts
it's not that hard to find soul gems

Death Knight

Death Knight

• 91 Posts
Cant be a hybrid no lol

Unknown ProbLem

Unknown ProbLem

• 364 Posts
alien vs predator anybody? lol also just looked at the Dawnguard thing again, and I remember prior to release all my friends being like i bet that's the best armor in the game! trollface Bethesda said, "Lol that's Iron armor, useless aside for aesthetic looks" anybody else agree?

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts

alien vs predator anybody? lol also just looked at the Dawnguard thing again, and I remember prior to release all my friends being like i bet that's the best armor in the game! trollface Bethesda said, "Lol that's Iron armor, useless aside for aesthetic looks" anybody else agree?

MY FATHER WEARS IRON ARMORIf you have a mage character ready, I'd go with Vampire Lord as opposed to the Dawnguard. A large pool of magicka will help out with the Vampire Lords new abilities and spells.

Death Knight

Death Knight

• 91 Posts
So, I got dawnguard today, totally playing heavy armor over light ( i started the game as light, going to restart as heavy ) but was there ever a shield for light armor ? or just heavy ? and is it only the war hammer and war axe for dawnguard weapons ? =/

Anonymous

Anonymous
From what I've heard and seen, you don't need a large pool of magicka. You can get rings that fortify magicka that work in VL form, and you already get a huge boost to magicka and health while in VL form. Plus, the very first perk on the VL tree increases magicka, and a later one decreases the VL blood magic and night power magicka cost by 33%. However, I'd recommend investing a few levels in magicka, maybe up to 200.

johnmacd

johnmacd

• 20 Posts
if you are a werewolf and agree to become a vamp lord the high vamps blood cures you of being a wolf, I love it in these games when a boss brags about how though they are when they have no idea how powerful you are , I'd love to taunt the vamp lord "well I'm the dragonborn and I kill dragons for fun what can you do that they can't, Bitch"

Achilles_lucky_5

Achilles_lucky_5

• 42 Posts
finally figured it out, breton vamp/stealth/mage.

xApAcKx

xApAcKx
I think that you should choose the file where you are a werewolf or the one where you would rather be a werewolf for being in the dawnguard. This is because being a vampire lord removes your werewolf powers which is a damn shame if you ask me.

Unknown ProbLem

Unknown ProbLem

• 364 Posts
I feel that the werewolf is under powered and relatively crappy.you can't go in and out of form, causing you to have to wait to change back, also perk wise, the totems aren't explained and there seems to be a lot of flaws.

Jin

Jin
vampire lord all the way, i tried both vampire lord can kill 10 dawnguard soldiers with 2 hits (it got AOE Drain)dawnguard are noobs :/ and the crossbow is worse than the normal daedric bow... trust me Vamp is the Champ

Unknown ProbLem

Unknown ProbLem

• 364 Posts
Crossbow's damage is alright, though much slower than Bows and such, along with longer reload speed. But they look cool and can be upgraded. However one unbeatable thing of the Vampire Lord, and how much of a force you are to be reckoned with, is that in higher Vampire Lord levels you can conjure fairly strong Gargoyles with terrorize and destroy as tanks while you sit and AOE rampage anything with your Life Drain. Even on higher difficulty settings the Vampire Lord excels by having a Health and Magicka boost, that can be increased further with the first perk. Vampire Lord is definitely by experience the best way to go, and will be the first of the two achievements dealt with on my speed run guide.

Bill

Bill
Just a heads up you can join the dawnguard and still be a vampire lord working for the dawnguard

Eric

Eric
You can become a hybrid I have made one successfully

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com