Can't level up - stuck at level 30

Guest stuckon30

Question

Guest stuckon30

I've been playing 2 hours, completing several missions and it's clear that the level indicator is no longer moving. I'm stuck right at the end of Level 30 and it won't go to Level 31. Likely a bug? Or any other ideas?

5 answers to this question

Yeah this rarely happens. The only fix I know of is to go back to an earlier save before you should of leveled up, but didn't. You said you've been playing for 2 hours afterwards though, so I'm not sure if you have a save that goes that far back.Just out of curiosity though, are you playing an unpatched version of the game? This bug was supposed to be fixed on patch 1.3, I think. Maybe 1.4.

Guest yoco93cro

if you play on pc..try to insert console command: "advskill illusion 100"    (insert skill name like e.g.  illusion, conjuration etc.)  you might have to press that command few times to get that skill...in skill menu you will see if your skill bar is moving...when it comes to end, you will get new level on that skill and you should get new player level...it worked for me..gl

Stuck on level 30. Went back to a former save. Now stuck on level 28. Any suggestions?

You could try looking through these older threads for more information.

http://eldersouls.com/topic/2864-stuck-level-55

http://eldersouls.com/topic/1857-stuck-on-level-44

Sadly you might not find many suggestions other than using previous saves. It's VERY important in Skyrim to save often over multiple different files. If you have it for PC, you can easily fix it with console commands.