AC:B - Why Did Desmond Kill Lucy? (Spoilers)

David

Apparently I forgot all about this. I just relived the moment on youtube and it came back.

So, anyways, Desmond is taken over by Juno and stabs his love interest: Lucy. Earlier through memories, S16 says "She's not who you think she is." which most assume indicates she's a templar. Though it's important to note that THIS (templar) WAS NOT STATED,

Few things I remember, though since I completely forgot this in the first place Im obviously extremely fuzzy...

[*]There are numerous hints such as emails, character dialogues, etc. that indicate not only does Desmond have a thing with Lucy, but that Lucy genuinely cares for Desmond.

[*]She appears as blue in eagle vision, indicating she's not an enemy/templar. Does this matter? Probably not.

Thank God it wasn't Shaun, I don't know how I'd survive through the Desmond bore-fests without him.

Also, if this is answered in Revelations (doubt it), don't spoil that for me. D:

Thank God it wasn't Shaun, I don't know how I'd survive through the Desmond bore-fests without him.

Your hate for Desmond is both shocking and hilarious.

Also, if this is answered in Revelations (doubt it), don't spoil that for me. D:

Well too bad, MUAHAHAHHAHAA!!

Joking. It isn't. I guess that in itself is a bit of a spoiler, but all well. Revelations is just Desmond in his unconscious state using the Animus and an old friend to wake up from his shock. I didn't spoil anything that wasn't either at the end of Bloodlines or withing the first 3 minutes of Revelations.

[*]Where does it say "She's not who you think she is"? I watched this thing 3 times and didn't hear Juno say that.

[*]I doubt the eagle eye thing matters. I think that is just what the user knows of the other person, like as far as he knows, Lucy is good. This doesn't make sense in some parts of the game where you use it to scan crowds for enemies, but all well, probably irrelevant.

I guess in the end it all depends on whether or not Those Who Came Before can be ultimately trusted. She talks about balancing the scales, though that could also mean getting rid of a Templar spy. Honestly, I'm not as knowledgeable on all of this as I was during my AC days, so I'll probably play through and read up on it before AC3

[*]Where does it say "She's not who you think she is"? I watched this thing 3 times and didn't hear Juno say that.

Oh, yeah. I was referring to the journey to that point in the game, actually, I just mistakenly referenced the video.

From the wiki...

As Desmond continued to relive Ezio's memories, he eventually discovered another message from Subject 16. 16 warned Desmond that "she is not who you think she is" and everything he wanted "was already gone". He instructed him to find Eve and Eden, though Desmond was not able to fully understand what 16

I believe that 16 was the dude who killed himself in Abstergo under Lucy's care.

And in case you are interested, Shaun mentions there is only one place that the Phrygian Cap, which symbolizes freedom, and Masonic Eye, which symbolizes some kind of all seeing eye, only come together in one place. That is on the Declaration of Rights of Man, an iconic document of the French Revolution. At the time, this led people to believe the next Assassin's Creed game would take place during 18th century France.

Posted Image

[*]I have no idea what that has to do with anything.

[*]Having now played Revelations, it's at least apparent that Lucy is indeed dead assuming that THE VOICES IN DESMOND'S HEAD are true.

[*]Also, Subject 16 is kind of a douche.

[*]I might have this wrong, but some ideas of the Declaration of Rights of Man probably were used and carried over into the Declaration of Independence. Or maybe I'm thinking of John Locke. Maybe both.

[*]I thought he was just hearing people outside of the Animus as he slowly regains consciousness. That part is never really explained though.

[*]Well Desmond did stab the girl 16 had sex with. I'd be kind of a jerk to him too.

And in case you are interested, Shaun mentions there is only one place that the Phrygian Cap, which symbolizes freedom, and Masonic Eye, which symbolizes some kind of all seeing eye, only come together in one place. That is on the Declaration of Rights of Man, an iconic document of the French Revolution. At the time, this led people to believe the next Assassin's Creed game would take place during 18th century France.

The French Revolution would have been a great time to have a AC story... :/ but then again can't really do a double story with America at the same time, plus they had to bring it home soon closer to Desmond Lame Miles

[*]I might have this wrong, but some ideas of the Declaration of Rights of Man probably were used and carried over into the Declaration of Independence. Or maybe I'm thinking of John Locke. Maybe both.

[*]I thought he was just hearing people outside of the Animus as he slowly regains consciousness. That part is never really explained though.

[*]Well Desmond did stab the girl 16 had sex with. I'd be kind of a jerk to him too.

1. Both, but I still don't know what that has to do with Desmond killing Lucy.

2. Probably, yeah.

3. Is this revealed at the end of Revelations or something? I've never heard of that and S16's wiki page doesn't mention it.