10 Things You Might Not Know About Skyrim

I've put an ungodly amount of hours into the game and even I find some things that I've never seen before. So here are just the 10 coolest Easter Eggs/discoveries in Skyrim.

1. If you pickpocket a briarheart from a Forsworn Briarheart, he'll die.

2. If you Fus Ro Dah the huge orange lantern in Blackreach, a hidden named dragon will wake up and attack you.

3. You can pick up bear traps and put them in strategic places.

4. Behind a locked door in Maven Black Briar's house you can find an attempted Dark Brotherhood ritual and a note showing annoyance at not being contacted yet.

5. If you search the ruins of Helgen, you can find a bottle of "Mead-Juniper".

6. Some torches are removable, making sneaking in those areas easier.

7. On some buildings, such as the general goods store in Whiterun, you can find strange marks. These marks are made by the Thieves' Guild and mean different things. Read Shadowmarks to learn more.

8. The Solitude jail cell that you are transported to after being caught by the guards has a fake wall. If you knock it down, your escape is that much easier. Similarly, there is a grate leading to a sewer escape route in the Whiterun jail cell. Also, if you are arrested in Winterhold, you are taken a cave rather than a jail cell. There you are locked in a cage guarded by a couple of Frost Atronachs.

9. Some stumps have ants on them.

10. The book Kolb and the Dragon is a mini choose your own adventure book.

• Upvote 1

1. Had no idea, but since I haven't made a stealth character yet I've never attempted anything like that either. I always charge in guns a-blazin'.2. Blackreach is one area I hardly explored. The quest for the Oghma Infinium (or maybe it's a different one) is extremeeeeely long, and by the time I reached Blackreach I was so tired of it I did a bee-line to the quest marker/exit. Might have to go back and investigate that.3. Never used them that way. Have never bothered to pay any attention to them really, since they don't do much damage. Just goes to show the level of detail put into the game though.4. I'm sure I found this but didn't remember it.5. Idungetit.6. "Gee, Steve, wasn't there a torch here before?" "Yeah, we'd better not look into the darkness to investigate or go replace the light. There might be ghosties."7. TELL ME WHAT THEY MEAN.8. Had no idea. Never go to jail though, since I have like 70k gold and just pay whatever fine they give me. I'll have to investigate.9. I didn't even know there were stumps.10. My character can't read, you elitist bastard.Good thread.

*sigh*

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image Posted Image

From left to right, top row then bottom.

1. Cache

2. Danger (or Deathly Hallows HAR HAR HAR)

3. Escape Routhe

4. Fence

5. The Guild

6. Loot

7. Protected

8. Safe

Edit: Regarding the one you didn't get, the Nord who you ride the carriage into Helgen with says he was sweet on a girl from Helgen once that used to make mead with Juniper berries in it.

I guess I'll share this the gallery wouldn't let me upload it because it was too large. If you side with the Rebels and do the whole civil war quest, they lock up all the Jarls and important people in a basement in the Blue Palace in what Is the most awkward moment in Skyrim,

Posted Image

yea i knew about the bear traps it comes in handy and is funny as hell to watch. and i knew about the dark brotherhood ritual.... but the rest of this no i had no idea... especially about the dragon and the lantern... thats a big wtf... haha

Yeah it really is, considering that it means that dragon was trapped in there for who knows how long and has either been alive this whole time or awakened by Alduin, which doesn't really make sense either.