New CC Rank Proposition

Anarchy

3 members have voted

1. 1. Which format do you think we should use?

• Option 1
    • Option 2

So after a while of thinking about how the ranks are... I've thought about two possible formats for CC Ranks

Option1

Posted Image Recruit - In-game recruit / Clan Friend

Posted Image Corporal - Rebel

Posted Image Sergeant - Established Rebel / Veteran Rebel

Posted Image Lieutenant - Exemplary Rebel

Posted Image Captain - Clan Chat Moderator or Event Coordinator & Diplomat (powers will be modified)

Posted Image General - Event Coordinator & Diplomat (powers will be modified) or Clan Chat Moderator

Posted Image Admin - Warlord

Posted Image Organiser - Council

Posted Image Coordinator - (Modified Rank/ Council & HC with specific task) unused

Posted ImageOverseer - High Council

Posted Image Deputy owner - Clan Leader

Posted Image Owner - Founder

Option 2

Posted Image Recruit - Clan Friend

Posted Image Corporal - In-game Recruit

Posted Image Sergeant - Rebel

Posted Image Lieutenant - Established Rebel / Veteran Rebel

Posted Image Captain - Exemplary Rebel

Posted Image General - Clan Chat Moderator or Event Coordinator & Diplomat (powers will be modified)

Posted Image Admin - Event Coordinator & Diplomat (powers will be modified) or Clan Chat Moderator

Posted Image Organiser - Warlord

Posted Image Coordinator - Council

Posted ImageOverseer - High Council

Posted Image Deputy owner - Clan Leader

Posted Image Owner - Founder

Exemplary are (well... were, since the rank is gone) either people who have donated and get the rank along with their subscription (what's now called Premiurm Member) OR have done something truly exceptional to the extent that they deserve a rank for it.Established/Veteran was based on like ~250 posts and a certain amount of months in the clan I believe.

Exemplary are (well... were, since the rank is gone) either people who have donated and get the rank along with their subscription (what's now called Premiurm Member) OR have done something truly exceptional to the extent that they deserve a rank for it.Established/Veteran was based on like ~250 posts and a certain amount of months in the clan I believe.

Yeah I knew Exemplary were donators and outstanding membersNever knew Established were posters :/And Veterans imo are 2-3 years or retired Council and Leaders who come to visit and are still apart of cc

I'm just a regular member with no real opinion on how ranks should look in the Chat. As long as the appropriate Staff Members have the power they need to do what is necessary for their job (editing clan info, kicking, etc) there isn't too much of a difference. Except the look of the icon each person might prefer.

But I do wonder if the ranks on forums could reflect this same sort of groups? At this time the ranks I see are:

Administrator | Global Moderator | Category Moderator | Premium Member | Member | Awaiting Email Validation

Which is a little different from the ranks shown here: http://eldersouls.com/topic/1024-the-ranking-system-explained/ (Maybe this needs to be updated? Info regarding who holds which rank for staff members might be helpful,too.)

+The ranks in Member Title like "Advanced Member" is in reference to # of posts (right?)

I'm just a regular member with no real opinion on how ranks should look in the Chat. As long as the appropriate Staff Members have the power they need to do what is necessary for their job (editing clan info, kicking, etc) there isn't too much of a difference. Except the look of the icon each person might prefer.

But I do wonder if the ranks on forums could reflect this same sort of groups? At this time the ranks I see are:

Administrator | Global Moderator | Category Moderator | Premium Member | Member | Awaiting Email Validation

Which is a little different from the ranks shown here: http://eldersouls.co...stem-explained/ (Maybe this needs to be updated? Info regarding who holds which rank for staff members might be helpful,too.)

+The ranks in Member Title like "Advanced Member" is in reference to # of posts (right?)

Those are Elder Souls (the extended gaming community that TRR is a branch of) staff positions. TRR has it's own ranking system independent of the generic site ranks. The above are simply site-wide positions, e.g. Anarchy is a "Category Moderator" because he is in charge of the RuneScape community of Elder Souls as the Clan Leader of TRR. He's the only TRR member that is officially ES staff. The other ranks such as Council, Warlord, etc. aren't reflected in the member legend as they don't necessarily apply to the rest of the ES community (as other games are represented and don't have interchangeable roles).

This is also why the Council and other TRR ranks have a "Member" icon under their avatar when posting in the ES forums, but a "Council/Event Team/Etc" icon in the TRR forums.

Hope that answers some questions. It is rather confusing. :)

• Upvote 1

Those are Elder Souls (the extended gaming community that TRR is a branch of) staff positions. TRR has it's own ranking system independent of the generic site ranks. The above are simply site-wide positions, e.g. Anarchy is a "Category Moderator" because he is in charge of the RuneScape community of Elder Souls as the Clan Leader of TRR. He's the only TRR member that is officially ES staff. The other ranks such as Council, Warlord, etc. aren't reflected in the member legend as they don't necessarily apply to the rest of the ES community (as other games are represented and don't have interchangeable roles).

Hope that answers some questions. It is rather confusing. :)

Aaahhhh.. Thank you very much for clarifying, I do appreciate it:]

However, I do stand by my request to have TRR Staff listed on the page with their Ranks, especially since there is not really another way to tell here on the forums. Just in case I have, say for example, warring questions, I can actually seek out the Warlord by looking at the ranks and PM'ing the person listed.

Thanks again!Posted Image

Aaahhhh.. Thank you very much for clarifying, I do appreciate it:]

However, I do stand by my request to have TRR Staff listed on the page with their Ranks, especially since there is not really another way to tell here on the forums. Just in case I have, say for example, warring questions, I can actually seek out the Warlord by looking at the ranks and PM'ing the person listed.

Thanks again!Posted Image

That was one of the first things I tackled when we merged TRR into ES. Unfortunately, I found it was impossible to have the "Users Online" reflect the TRR ranks while still keeping the existing ES ranks. So in short, having that capability with the online list isn't a possibility. Fortunately, the ranks can easily be listed elsewhere. I could add them to the sidebar, though they're currently already in the header on the index. On the right-hand side, there's a drop-down titled "Clan Hierarchy." Clicking that and selecting a name will link you directly to the member's profile, where they can easily be PM'd with the click of a button. :)

That was one of the first things I tackled when we merged TRR into ES. Unfortunately, I found it was impossible to have the "Users Online" reflect the TRR ranks while still keeping the existing ES ranks. So in short, having that capability with the online list isn't a possibility. Fortunately, the ranks can easily be listed elsewhere. I could add them to the sidebar, though they're currently already in the header on the index. On the right-hand side, there's a drop-down titled "Clan Hierarchy." Clicking that and selecting a name will link you directly to the member's profile, where they can easily be PM'd with the click of a button. :)

You save the day again! *Gives cookie*

I meant to put names on that page (here: http://eldersouls.com/topic/1024-the-ranking-system-explained/ ) w/original TRR ranks not on the users as I can see how difficult that would be, but I do see the Clan Hierarchy now. I'm so used to just simply going to "View new topics" and not dealing with the actual subforums. I get it now, haha, normally I'm pretty good at finding this stuff. Must be an off day. I'll stop bugging you:]]

Having a list of the TRR staff is a good idea, and something one of the Council Members can probably tackle.

I understand the "View New Content" habit; on the old forum I actually just had that bookmarked and visited ONLY that page. And don't worry about bothering me, my job here is to help people out and half the time I'm bored with no requests. Posted Image

Having a list of the TRR staff is a good idea, and something one of the Council Members can probably tackle.

I understand the "View New Content" habit; on the old forum I actually just had that bookmarked and visited ONLY that page. And don't worry about bothering me, my job here is to help people out and half the time I'm bored with no requests. Posted Image

I will add staff to the hierarchy drop list

You save the day again!

TRR Staff has been added to the Hierarchy Drop List on the main header. (: If you want to contact them just click their name and it takes you to their profile (:

Understandable (:

On another note would people prefer that's Staff's name on the forum on the Hierarchy or their RS Names?