Skyrim DLC Announcement: Named "Dawnguard"

Posted Image

Release/Information
    [*]Specific details will be released during E3 on June 5-7th. [*]Will be released thus summer on 360; PC/PS3 will get it a month later.

What will this entail?

[*]Notice the eyes in the poster. [*]THERE IS A QUIVER OF ARROWS.

Speculation

[*]Something to do with Dawnstawr. [*]Motherfucking crossbows and vampires. [*]Snow elves

This information is most interesting when held against what an enterprising Bethesda forum poster found in the most recent patch coding. Among other things, the files seem to reference crossbows, Snow Elves and vampires.

I'm not writing this off yet, but I personally don't want to see anything else based on Vampires. Seems to be overdone and is featured in several quests already. I'm more interested in seeing the Thalmor conflict become directly involved in the game instead of the current background-story role it currently serves.The Vampire thing is like a good 40% of quests.

Well according to the code and random forum dude, it'll probably only be new feeding animations. Why? Who really knows/cares. But yeah, vampires are over played but I wouldn't say 40%.

Crossbow is a bit of a surprise. I know fans kept begging for one, but never got one. The real question is: Will it blend? Can you use a shield with it?

I think the next TES game should be set in Renaissance-era Florence. Then we can truly appreciate the integration of the crossbow.We can also scrap the TES: Online idea and have the Dragonborn assassinate Templars as Ezio Auditore's first born son (Ezio + a Dragon, obviously). Imagine it: Warriors of Romulus fighting Dragon children. Seems like we're already half-way to Skyrim.