How many weapons do you carry at once?

David

• 2 weeks later...

I'm experimenting with dual wield ATM so 2 one handed weaps and a trusty bow are about it. Fits my playstyle. I like to sneak attack with the bow if possible (cleared a bandit lair last night by picking 'em off one by one, very fun). Then if I'm discovered or ambushed I bust out the dual wield and go berserker style with shouts.

I'm experimenting with dual wield ATM so 2 one handed weaps and a trusty bow are about it. Fits my playstyle. I like to sneak attack with the bow if possible (cleared a bandit lair last night by picking 'em off one by one, very fun). Then if I'm discovered or ambushed I bust out the dual wield and go berserker style with shouts.

What are your thoughts on dual-wielding so far? Does it increase your damage amount enough to justify it? I was thinking about trying it on my next character, but it seems there are just as many detractors as supporters.

Disclaimer: 12 hours in, so I'm by no means an expert on Skyrim. Might be harder later on, for example. IDK.So far I like it. It definitely seems to be a trade off... you take more damage, but you do more damage too.My take, with what I know and have experienced so far:Taking more damage can be mitigated by the crafting professions easily, at least in vanilla Skyrim. Pretty self explanatory, just craft good armor, throw some nice enchantments on it, gulp some good potions even. More than makes up for the armor loss from no shield IMO.Dishing out more damage: here is where dual wield really shines, I'd say. Dual Flurry and Dual Savagery combined with Armsman makes for some really nice +dmg overall. And then you have the weapon specific perks, Hack and Slash for war axes, Bone Breaker for maces, and Bladesman for swords. My personal take on those 3 is that Bone Breaker is the best by a mile. 75% ignore armor is pretty insane combined with the above perks.EDIT: in terms of aesthetics and gameplay, I guess it is personal preference. I like to bash faces in with dual wield more than sword + shield gameplay, and I like the animation better.

• Upvote 1

Uh, well my character is a DB/Thieves guild Stealth so..1 dagger for silent kills(Ebony)1 Bow(Nightingale)1 Daedric Sword+Nightingale blade for dual wielding1 Dragonscale shield...I used it to stunlock dragons back when they were harder, but now my dual wield power attacks hit pretty hard, I might just put it in the bank(read:small sack in breezehome with at least 900kg of stuff in it waiting to sell.)Hmm..I think I have a soultrap bow to get rabbit and chicken souls to powerlevel enchanting, just got enchanting to 100 today though so I'll dump that.That's it really, not sure if I need anything else. I suppose I'll replace Nightingale bow, Nightingale sword, and Ebony Dagger with Daedric weapons and custom enchant them.EDIT:

On my best character I had, I had a bow, a dagger, and two one handed weapons. Bow was for sneak and long distance stuff (since I didn't mage at all), dagger was for sneak 30X damage kills, and I dual wielded.Right now I'm on a pure mage, so no weapons. D:

^|Dat mindsync.

First playthough: Mace in right hand, fire spell in left (ice for dragons)Second Playthough: Sword in right hand, fire spell in left (ice for dragons)I was so ticked off when I poured perks into maces, then found out swords were better. I know I don't use variety, but this method works.

Always have my Nightingale sword and bow, and my Deadric hammer, But sometimes I'll carry around the Wabbajack, or the Sanguine Rose, Sometimes both, but they weigh a ton so I cant do it very often

First playthough: Mace in right hand, fire spell in left (ice for dragons)Second Playthough: Sword in right hand, fire spell in left (ice for dragons)I was so ticked off when I poured perks into maces, then found out swords were better. I know I don't use variety, but this method works.

Well swords do less attack but are faster, that doesnt mean that they are better, dual wielding maces would be the same as dual weilding swords, just a little slower, dual weilding swords would be the same, just a little weaker, but the enemy woul die about the same time either wayLike I use the slowest weapon in the game, the warhammer, but that doesnt mean its any less deadlier than a greatsword

Well swords do less attack but are faster, that doesnt mean that they are better, dual wielding maces would be the same as dual weilding swords, just a little slower, dual weilding swords would be the same, just a little weaker, but the enemy woul die about the same time either wayLike I use the slowest weapon in the game, the warhammer, but that doesnt mean its any less deadlier than a greatsword

Swords swing 1/3rd faster than maces. That means that to get the "true" damage value, take 1/2 of the sword's damage and add it on to what it says. That is what you use to compare to the mace. If it's the same damage after that formula, though, the mace would have a slight edge thanks to enchantments. Usually, the sword has a couple points higher damage after the calculation.

• 2 weeks later...

I carry an 170-damage daedric bow as my main weapon with Iron Arrows (because I've accumulated over 1000 during my game). I dual weild an 120-damage Daedric Sword and an 115-damage chillrend for backup. And I carry The Wabbajack with me for fun xD

• Upvote 1

Sometimes I'll use two handed weapons, usaually a battle axe, I've always had a thing for every and any kind of axe since i was just young. The damage of two handed is great for heavy hitters or rushers, but the added armor and block of a shield and attack rate of a sword mace or war axe far outweighs the effectiveness of two handed weapons, but at least their better than in oblivion...hahaCurrently, since I try to model my character after myself, I use a bow and a dagger as a back up, occasianly ill go just with a blades sword for adventuring, to get my one handed and light armor up, since neither of them get much of a chance to be leveled since i drop most everything before it gets close