Photo

Projector Problems

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts
This isn't so much a Skyrim question, but it's urgent and no one looks at the other forums.I was playing Demon's Souls this morning when my projector, a Vivitek brand, suddenly went out. When I press the power button, it goes into startup mode for about a minute, then just shuts off again.I've ruled out:1. Dead bulb. If it was dead, the projector would run but show no image. The projector doesn't even turn on for me.2. Overheating. I have unplugged the projector and left it sitting for hours. The problems persist.Can anyone help? I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
Is it a projector projector or a DLP TV?How old is it? I have no idea what I'm talking about concerning projectors but I know on DLP's the ballast can go bad.

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts
It's an actual projector, it projects onto a screen on the wall. I got it in December 2009.

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

It shut off when I was playing. When I try to turn it on again, its startup light flashes, and the startup sound plays, but nothing happens until the lights turn off again about a minute later.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
I would google the model number and see if other people have had similar problems. Since it's three years old it's probably not under warranty anymore, but you could always check or call and complain.

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts

I would google the model number and see if other people have had similar problems. Since it's three years old it's probably not under warranty anymore, but you could always check or call and complain.

Well, this is embarassing...I know the brand, but I don't know what the model number is. I plan to call customer support, but they don't operate on weekends.My hands are twitching. I'm suffering from epic RPG withdraw. I knew I should have invested in a gaming PC...

Eric the Bard

Eric the Bard

• 624 Posts
Try wearing some sexy clothes or show it a sexy picture. Maybe you just don't turn it on anymore.

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts
I called tech support and they said my bulb probably burnt out. I'll wait for my dad to come home from his business trip and we can change it. I'll play Arcanists on Funorb until then.

Eric the Bard

Eric the Bard

• 624 Posts
No 😠

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com