Oghma Infinium Glitch/exploit

Unknown ProbLem

Oghma Infinum Glitch/Exploit

A guide to power-leveling faster.

Okay, on to the guide!

-Made by Unknown ProbLem

This glitch does NOT work as of Patch 1.9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Requirements: A house with a bookshelf

NOTE: you will NEED to be level 15 at least upon returning to Septimus, or when you return the Lexicon, the quest basically becomes glitched and you aren't able to continue.

Power-leveling early on in your game can make your life a living hell. Enemies level with you until level 50, meaning if you power-level skills that don't greatly increase your combat effectiveness you can find yourself unable to defeat ANYTHING in a hurry. I personally would advise holding off on power-leveling non-combat skills until high levels, maybe around level 40. Just be careful - being overpowered by even the weakest NPC enemies is a very frusturating ordeal. If you're not sure if your plans to level are too excessive, you should use our help forum for advice. (Credit to Traaginen for saying it perfectly)

Background:

This glitch revolves around the Quest "Discerning The Transmundane" and stems back to Oblivion. This quest has basically three parts, Part one is getting there, Part two is going through the Dungeon into Blackreach, and finally Part three is collecting your prize. Most people know of this quest due to the Main quest quest: "Elder Knowledge". This is also a Daedric quest as well and will count towards the Achievement/Trophy.

Ogh

ma Infinum:
This book will normally increase either the Warrior, Mage, or the Thief by 5 points to all of the skills in that Tree group. This is generally probably the one of the most useful Daedric items from all the quests, but that is debatable.

Quest

:
This quest, involves the player to go to the northern end of Skyrim, past the College of Winterhold to a place called Septimus Signus's Outpost and speak to this man. He will basically mumble on about the big odd looking box next to him. He is talking about going to retrieve the Elder Scroll in the Dwarven dungeon of Alftand. At the end of this dungeon, you'll reach a pedestal and two Imperials fighting. Quickly kill both of these people (one is a battlemage and will kill the other much much faster, so kill him first) press the activate keys and go into Blackreach. When you get to the Tower of Mzark and do the quick little puzzle, just take the elevator and head back to Septimus. Upon returning with the Ruined Lexiconhe will give you an extractor to get Altmer, Bosmer, Dunmer, Falmer, and Orsimer (High Elves, Wood Elves, Dark Elves, Falmer and Orcs)

As taken from the Skyrim Wikipedia, here are the most common places to find these blood types. (This will actually save you a lot of the actual time doing this quest, as the times I've done this, I never had this guide)

Locations containing most blood types
Warning
  • [*]
Alftand [*]Chillwind Depths [*]Helgen - Bandits of various mer races randomly spawn here. [*]Liar's Retreat [*]Mzinchaleft - contains all but Altmer. [*]Nightcaller Temple - Orc, Altmer, and Dunmer. [*]Rannveig's Fast - Orc, Bosmer and Dunmer. Sometimes has Altmer as well.

Altmer blood

• [*]
Alftand [*]Brittleshin Pass - Altmer Necromage [*]Chillwind Depths [*]Cragwallow Slope [*]Halted Stream Camp [*]Northwest of Helgen [*]Ondolemar - Understone Keep [*]Shrine of Talos between Pinewatch and Anise's Cabin. [*]Taarie or Endarie - Radiant Raiment [*]Thalmor Barracks [*]Uttering Hills Cave - Summerset Shadows [*]Ustengrav

Bosmer blood

• [*]
Bandits - Random encounters [*]Alftand [*]Anoriath and Elrindir - The Drunken Huntsman [*]Chillwind Depths [*]Faendal - Riverwood [*]Liar's Retreat [*]Silent Moons Camp

Dunmer blood

• [*]
Aranea Ienith - Azura's Shrine [*]Brand-Shei - Riften [*]Brelyna Maryon - the College of Winterhold [*]Drelas - Drelas' Cottage [*]Erandur - Nightcaller Temple [*]Fellglow Keep [*]Ilinalta's Deep [*]Jenassa - The Drunken Huntsman [*]Rannveig's Fast - bottom of trap door [*]Reeking Cave [*]Veren Duleri - Nightcaller Temple

Falmer blood

• [*]
Any Dwemer Ruin [*]Liar's Retreat

Orsimer blood

• [*]
Alftand [*]Bonechill Passage [*]Helgen - Bandits random encounters. [*]Orc Stronghold

(All credit of these locations goes to Skyrim Wiki)

Post-Quest(after receiving the Oghma Infinium):

After the player has acquired the Oghma Infinium he/she should go back to their home (Breezehome, Proudspire Manor, Honeyside, and others) and find their bookshelf. (go to the local Jarl and buy the bundle that includes a bookshelf)
Now, activate the bookshelf, and instead of just depositing the book onto the shelf, read it and choose one of the three, and Quickly now put it into your bookshelf. You should have gained the +5 bonus to all of those specific skills and you'll have the book on your bookshelf, instead of the book disappearing like usual. DO NOT activate your bookshelf and take it again, just simply read the book right from the bookshelf and take it WITHOUT reading it. rinse and repeat to hit level 81 in no time.

For the full walkthrough/explain of Discerning the Transmundane, please visit: http://elderscrolls....he_Transmundane for the entire quest breakdown.

Enjoy having 100 everything!

Credit to- Traaginen for his Power-Leveling warning, and Wikipedia for the detail and locations of the blood.

UPDATE!!!: THIS GLITCH/EXPLOIT STILL WORKS AS OF DAWNGUARD PATCH 1.7
  • Upvote 1

Thanks a bunch! I'm glad I could help, and be thankful I threw this together, because I've done this three times now, all without knowing where to find any of the blood. The second time i did it (I went out all the way to Riften to get Honeyside for whatever reason) It ended up taking a total of 30 hours, because i couldn't find the blood.

I remember doing this when I first got the book. It took me a decent bit of time before I got the book dupe to work, but after you get the hang of it it's pretty easy. I never used the exploit though since it forces you to level several skills.Should note that you don't actually have to level by reading the book in order to dupe it, you just have to navigate the menu and deposit it quickly.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've been meaning to come back for a while now. I'm two months from graduating so i'm trying hard to graduate. Thank you for the welcoming David! I've been havung xbox troubles and with me having a 1550/1550 skyrim, it's been hard to break my 500 total hours on my 81. I've been playing a lot of borderlands 2 as well because I came into a group of "vault hunters". So i farm raid bosses now lol. I could throw together some guides etc. on those too :D it's great to be back here.