Skyrim - Game Freezes When Entering Water [Fix]

* * * * * 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
138 replies to this topic

Steezi

Steezi
Thx for the help. Deleted and re-downloaded just the patch. Worked perfectly

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Ninjai29

Ninjai29
i was about to smash my skyrim becuase every time i went in the water it would freeze. this was helpful and it worked thanks.

kidko90

kidko90
if you only delete the update does it still work

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
You should delete both. The game data will just automatically re-install from the disc when you start the game, so you don't have to worry about anything provided you delete the right two things. It doesn't take long, maybe ~5 mintues at worst, to reinstall the game data. The patch will vary depending on your internet speed.

Cody

Cody
ok i did what you said i deleted everthing and let it update and stuff now my skyrim will not load i press continue at the starting screen it shows the skyrim dragon my level and a black screen with mist and it will not load please help meim going to do everthing over this time and see if it works cause i've been at the loading screen for like a hour now soo yea im going to redo everthing and if it work i will tell youok did it the second time it loaded good and no more freezing when i go to the water thanks bro i owe ya one

Saphira

Saphira
So, I have to delete all my saved progress on Skyrim, or what?

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
No, DO NOT delete your game saves. This has been covered in the directions on previous pages.

There are two folders that keep Skyrim data under the "GAME" category on the XMB that people are confusing...

[*]Game Data Utility
    [*]Saved Data Utility (PS3)
    [/list]"Saved Data Utility" contains your game saves (profile data, characters, etc.); you do NOT touch anything in this folder. "Game Data Utility" is where you need to look. It contains two files: "Skyrim" (file installed off the disc the first time you play) and "Skyrim Update" (patches downloaded from the internet). Neither of these are related to your game saves, and need to be deleted for this fix to work.

Matrimiabar

Matrimiabar
This is a life save spent two weeks trying to avoid water just so I could play the. Was doing the star quest in the sunken keep and was like ohhhhh nooooo screwed

Phoenix

Phoenix
Thanks I think it worked :P

jan

jan
thank u so much

Wilson

Wilson
Worked great!!

Corkster99

Corkster99
Worked fine for me, thanks for the info!!

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts
Imagine how many lives you have changed David.You are our hero.

Brett

Brett
Thank you!!! this took care of my problem this was irritating me severely

Mez

Mez
This was a big help now i can finish some quests ^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com