how to transcribe a lexicon?

Guest Guest

Question

15 answers to this question

Are you talking about the quest Discerning the Transmundane? If so, you transcribe the lexicon with a dwemer puzzle located deep in the Alftand ruins. You can solve the puzzle by completing the following steps with the controls:

• Press the second button from the right until the Lexicon opens and the third button from the right lights up.
  • Press the third button until you see the overhead lenses directing light onto the sphere, and the fourth button lights up.
  • Press the last button and retrieve the scroll

If not, you can reply to this message using the field below. Let us know, we can help out if this wasn't the answer you were looking for.

You should consider creating an account here. It comes with several benefits, and also makes it much easier for you to post questions and answers. It's completely free!

I'm in blackreach now what do I do

Follow the cobblestone path to the Tower of Mzark. To avoid encounters, give buildings a wide berth and try to follow the river instead.

The quickest route from Alftand to the Tower of Mzark would be to follow the road to the left immediately out of the Alftand Cathedral. Continue along the road until you come to your first junction (T-shaped). Make a right and continue straight along that road and across a bridge until you see the Tower.

Inside the Tower of Mzark, climb to the very top of the tower to a podium with several buttons...

1. Activate the Lexicon Receptacle, so the Blank Lexicon rests on top of it.
  2. The two pedestals to the Receptacle’s right, the only ones currently active, open and close the Oculory lenses.
  3. Press the taller of the two pedestals (right of the one with the lens chart on it) three or four times, until the pedestal with the blue button to the left of the middle one starts to glow.
  4. Move to this new pedestal (at this point, the Blank Lexicon may be glowing blue).
  5. The two pedestals to the left of the Receptacle, the taller of which is now active, control the ceiling lens array.
  6. Press the button of the taller, left pedestal twice, until the button on the far left, smaller pedestal begins to glow.
  7. Now press that button, and a large set of lens crystals descends from the ceiling and stops.
  8. The Elder Scroll will be revealed. Pick up the transcribed Lexicon and the Scroll.

Are you talking about the quest Discerning the Transmundane? If so, you transcribe the lexicon with a dwemer puzzle located deep in the Alftand ruins. You can solve the puzzle by completing the following steps with the controls:

[*]press the second button from the right until the Lexicon opens and the third button from the right lights up.

[*]Press the third button until you see the overhead lenses directing light onto the sphere, and the fourth button lights up.

[*]Press the last button and retrieve the scroll.

If not, you can reply to this message using the field below. Let us know, we can help out if this wasn't the answer you were looking for.

______

You should consider creating an account here. It comes with several benefits, and also makes it much easier for you to post questions and answers. It's completely free!

THIS WAS THE BEST HELP EVER THANKS DUDE I ALMOST QUIT ON THIS GAME!

Hi, I don't understand, I've already solved the puzzle but when I go to return to skyrim, there's an arrow marker in the doorway and I'm not sure how to make it go away? It's irritating me... :(

Guest Guest

Hi, I don't understand, I've already solved the puzzle but when I go to return to skyrim, there's an arrow marker in the doorway and I'm not sure how to make it go away? It's irritating me... :(

Same here