Why can't you fast travel from inside buildings?

David

Is there really any legitimate reason? I've spent the last weekend training alchemy from level 35 to 100, and I can't even tell you how many hours I've spent staring at a loading screen just because I have to leave a shop before I can fast travel to the next city. And really, why? Is there some type of unfair exploit to be had by fast traveling from within buildings? It it anymore realistic to instantly traveling hundreds of miles when you're standing an extra 5ft out of the door from your current location inside?

Tbh, I don't see what harm there is from fast traveling indoors, was it like this in the previous Elder Scrolls?

Yeah, but for some reason, I didn't mind it as much in Oblivion because the outside area would be pre-loaded because it was the last area you were in.I guess the real reason is that fast traveling is always from outside area to another outside area. The more probable answer is fast traveling=flying and roofs are hard to come by in skyrim.

• 1 month later...

Hell, I don't know. Oblivion did it. Maybe to lessen lag or whatever? Skyrim seems to be a bit heavier on the console than Oblivion was.

PC is still leagues ahead though. I wish I had a gaming PC...But anyway, I agree completely. It makes sense that you can't fast travel in dungeons, but inside houses? Come on!