Photo

Why can't you fast travel from inside buildings?

* * * * * Fast Travel

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
Is there really any legitimate reason? I've spent the last weekend training alchemy from level 35 to 100, and I can't even tell you how many hours I've spent staring at a loading screen just because I have to leave a shop before I can fast travel to the next city. And really, why? Is there some type of unfair exploit to be had by fast traveling from within buildings? It it anymore realistic to instantly traveling hundreds of miles when you're standing an extra 5ft out of the door from your current location inside?

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Fergal

Fergal

• 1,500 Posts
I agree with you, it's really stupid that you need to go through the loading screen just to fast travel. Really annoys me too.Tbh, I don't see what harm there is from fast traveling indoors, was it like this in the previous Elder Scrolls?

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts

Tbh, I don't see what harm there is from fast traveling indoors, was it like this in the previous Elder Scrolls?

Yeah, but for some reason, I didn't mind it as much in Oblivion because the outside area would be pre-loaded because it was the last area you were in.I guess the real reason is that fast traveling is always from outside area to another outside area. The more probable answer is fast traveling=flying and roofs are hard to come by in skyrim.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
On that topic, is there a reason why Skyrim doesn't pre-load/cache environments you've already been in? It's horribly irritating to forget something in a house, and then have to go right back inside... You go through 3 unnecessary loading screens.

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts
Hell, I don't know. Oblivion did it. Maybe to lessen lag or whatever? Skyrim seems to be a bit heavier on the console than Oblivion was.

Jake

Jake

• 826 Posts

Hell, I don't know. Oblivion did it. Maybe to lessen lag or whatever? Skyrim seems to be a bit heavier on the console than Oblivion was.

PC is still leagues ahead though. I wish I had a gaming PC...But anyway, I agree completely. It makes sense that you can't fast travel in dungeons, but inside houses? Come on!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Fast Travel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com