How can I get the cornered rat quest to start?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Doomdodgers

Doomdodgers

I found a 100% working way of starting the quest "A Cornered Rat" if it for some reason doesnt start. (I had a destroy thieves guild mod, so that messed up the whole main questline.)

Type in console:

prid 00019DF9                       (This activates Vekel the Man in console so you can edit his actor values.)

addtofaction 0005a1a4 1       (Adds Vekel into player ally group, so he will talk to you without you joining the thieves guild.)

startquest MQ202                   (Makes it possible to ask from Vekel about Esbern, and therefore start the quest.)

Then talk to Vekel the Man in Riften Ratway. You should now have the option to ask about esbern without playing the thieves guild quests if you have killed every member of it including Karliah, like i did. Or if the other Thieves guilders attack you, he wont. 

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Alex

Alex
Fucking me too I have had this for 176 saves! Please help! (I got bald hills state school) 3d sorry grammar nazzi

Alex

Alex
Well I'm using Xbox dude

James

James
I bought skyrim legendary edition expecting it to have enough patches to fix any problem, boy was I f-in wrong, I've got a total of 8 misc missions that wont start or cant hand in, 3 main mission quests including cornered rat and a whole host of other issues. (it took 5 atempts to get bloody married for god sake) I know theirs always been a bit of a joke about bethesda games having quirks (having completed fallout 3 and all it's dlc I already knew it wouldnt run perfectly) but the fact that their are such severe glitches that you cant complete a game isnt funny. I spent good money on something thats got about as much polish in it as a massive pile of dog sh*t, they shouldnt have bothered making dlc instead they should have made patches that mean you can finish the game you just paud for. My final word on this is bethesda arnt getting another penny out of me after this unless they learn how to make games that actually work

Bob

Bob
I have a problem where when I try to talk to him he just says come in come in when I'm already in there they need to f#*#*#g fix it

Bob

Bob
Oh and I kill everyone there and he still says come in there's to many ears out there

Michael

Michael

I am also stuck on this quest, but when i got the quest, the marker for it was not anywhere near riften but rather on the opposite end of the map is there a fix for that 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com