Any way to own two horses in skyrim?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Sarah

Sarah
Okay so a while back i completed the Promises to Keep quest and got Frost. And recently i just got Shadowmere too. I really like both of them so i was wondering if there was anyway to keep them both?Like is it possible to buy a house with a stable so i can keep one horse there while other follows me?

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
You can get away with owning two horses; the only limit that is guarunteed is that only one will travel with you at a time (the one you last mounted). In Frost's case, if you begin to ride a new horse (such as Shadowmere), I believe he will remain where you left him indefinitely. I'd just put him somewhere where you'll remember, such as Whiterun's stable. Fast travel around a bit on the new horse and see if he disappears or anything.I actually just happened into the exact same situation as you, so I'll play with it a bit and post back here if that hypothesis doesn't hold in Frost's unique case (though everything I've read and done thus far would indicate that it should).______You should consider creating an account here. It comes with several benefits, and also makes it much easier for you to post questions and answers. It's completely free!

Blake

Blake

• 1,849 Posts
I renamed Frost "Mr. Buttersworth".I also was gonna see how this would work, but Frost ended up disappearing before I even got Shadowmere. I think it may of died, who really knows.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
Just a quick, initial update: I've gone around fast traveling with Shadowmere quite a bit. I returned to the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary, where I left Frost, and he was still there. So this is safe (at least short term). I can't guaruntee that he won't disappear after ages of doing this, but eh.

Sarah

Sarah
haha yeah same thing happened to me! hopefully Frost just stays there although after travelling around with Shadowmere i probably wouldn't be that upset if Frost disappeared cuz Shadowmere is just awesome! XD

Zanthippe

Zanthippe
I have two horses and both follow me - it was entirely accidental but it continues to work, so maybe others could use this method, too. When I started my current game I first went to the NE coast and picked up the free gray horse on the beach just south of Winterhold. Eventually he got killed (for the third time) so I bought a pinto ponyIn Markarth I also installed Better Horses mod. At some point, the gray horse re-spawned, probably back at the beach, but still must have an "owned" switch turned on and eventually he caught up with me on the road and kept following me, even thought I was riding the pinto. If I only ride the pinto or walk/sprint on foot, I can keep both horses with me at all times. If I get onto the gray horse, the pinto immediately turns and heads back to Markarth stables, where I can pick him up later on. With the Better Horses mod you can use the saddlebags on the horses, so now I load up the pinto horse first. When he's "full" I get on the gray horse and the pinto horse carries the full load off to Markarth for me, while I still have the gray horse to ride and haul loot. Note: the gray horse only follows the "come here" Better Horses command. He will not "stay" or "flee combat". Second note: this is clearly not intended to happen and is not a feature of the Better Horses mod, I think it is just an accident that it all works this way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com