Photo

The Rebelz: The Gaming Forum

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Huygens

Huygens

• 1,271 Posts
^Too long didnt readWhy don't we join a gaming forum and kinda merge into it? A gaming forum that hasn't got any RS stuff tho, or else we would lose most autonomy (if thats an english word).

Advertisement

The discussion continues after this sponsored message. Tired of seeing advertisements? Create an account to remove them.

Crazycow73

Crazycow73

• 476 Posts
1. Read the post. This is an important topic.2. Making a "gaming" forum would be easier to get recruits for but where do you advertise such a thing?3. League of Legends.4. Team Fortress 2 server.--I was always looking into making walkthroughs and shit but never got around to it. I still have all the video editing stuff if you would need it for such a thing. Honestly, I can see a Skyrim board going places. RPG style games just allow for better discussion than some dead beat game that nobody plays anymore.

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts
He's alive...And it won't be easy to get recruits for... Ive known people setting up these forums and giving away prizes, they always die.I for one lie what were doing now, be nice to have a few new members but lets not give up yet. After all it would still just be us posting on the gaming forums. Let's look at reality if your actually thinking about this.

Crazycow73

Crazycow73

• 476 Posts
Well if you are honestly going to stay like "this" then how are you going to pay for domain and forums? I know Google Analytics was shot in the foot heart head a while back but you need people to keep the forum going.

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts
hopefully we wont be staying like this. If youve read the other posts you will know about RCW, which I did some research in, SB set up in febuary and now they have 30+ people in there cc at all times and 40+ people visiting there external forums with even more using the RS Internal forums.If were low on cash I would be happy to help bump it up, I already pay the subsciption towards it, after all its what 10$ a month?

Fergal

Fergal

• 1,500 Posts
I strongly suggest we try the Rated Clan Wars (RCW) idea before jumping into this. Because after all, the ONLY reason we are giving this a shot is to get recruits, and it's a huge hassle so... if RCW works, we get recruits, we're fine. The whole idea of a gaming forum is unnecessary for a RuneScape clan if unless we are in dire need of forum activity/recruits.RCW is MUCH easier - way easier to recruit, much more fun, have more of a chance of working; the gaming forum could go down hill straight away if people don't join. It's also a lot less work because going to the trouble of reorganizing the forums etc could take awhile.Oh and any of the ideas backfire and we need to get back to the way we are right now, RCW is much easier to abandon. AND RCW means people who want to war, which means if we ever get back into warring normally in regular Clan Wars, we will have the people who actually KNOW how to war and WANT to war.-Damn Brad beat me!-

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts
I don't think you guys understand why this is being proposed. This isn't to make the RuneScape clan better, it's to diversify to other things and focus less on RuneScape. It's not about getting more members for TRR, it's about getting more members for the forum.That said, I'm fine if you wish to try the RCW idea, but we need to get going on it because I want to start some new communities either way. It's a matter of whether or not TRR is going to be included, not if it happens or not.

Brad

Brad

• 1,455 Posts
well let me put it this way, if i wanted to join an RS Clan forum that basically didnt havve a lot to do with RS, I wouldnt of joined. I'm not happy about this idea. Thats all I am going to say on this

Fergal

Fergal

• 1,500 Posts
What. Why are we even doing this if it's only to gain more forum members? Why do you care about the activity of the forum if it isn't TRR - I thought you said something like the reasoning behind it was to get more members and not have to recruit anymore.If this is going to be less focus on RS then TRR (not the forum, the clan) will be in a worse state than now and eventually TRR goes bye. Don't expect everyone to stay and post about Skyrim all day or something, not me anyway. Lol.

Huygens

Huygens

• 1,271 Posts
Hm, basically:Traaginen wants to diversify the forums and get more members overall by the means of a 'gaming forum', (which will be hard to establish, like really hard in my oppinion)Fergal and Brad (and others IDK and IDC) want to focus on RS recruiting by the means of 'rated clan wars', (which could actually work if we put some effort in it, I see big things happening if this succeeds, daily RCW if we get enough people in the future)whats the big fuss about? we could try both, if the gaming forums fails, fuck it, we're still TRR, if RCW fails, we could try recruiting RS members with a different method or try RCW some other time.

Fergal

Fergal

• 1,500 Posts
No, this is almost like wanting to turn TRR into a gaming forum and TRR would eventually fall apart, lol.

Crazycow73

Crazycow73

• 476 Posts
TRR is falling apart either way. Why not do something intelligent and not focus it on RuneScape anymore. It is a dieing game that deserves to be shot in the head and put out of its misery. This wouldn't be TRR if we did the RCW thing anyway. We were built around the idea of being a "do anything you want" clan. So all in all, David has the say anyway, he is the official Admin and owner of this clan.

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,462 Posts

TRR is falling apart either way. Why not do something intelligent and not focus it on RuneScape anymore. It is a dieing game that deserves to be shot in the head and put out of its misery. This wouldn't be TRR if we did the RCW thing anyway. We were built around the idea of being a "do anything you want" clan. So all in all, David has the say anyway, he is the official Admin and owner of this clan.

Things aren't really that bad in TRR/RuneScape, but this is basically my thinking. TRR hasn't ever been an extremely serious/pushy events or warring clan. I'm not saying this is a reason to not do RCW - I agree with it - I'm just saying that moving towards more of community would probably change less than you'd believe. Yes, we've had success, but I really don't think that diversifying would necessarily change anything. Even now, the majority of forum topics/discussion don't even revolve around RuneScape. It's really not that big of a push.And yes, I realize how absurd it seems to attempt to start a gaming forum since there's so many - but what other kind of community could this be turned into if that's the path we took?

Fergal

Fergal

• 1,500 Posts

And yes, I realize how absurd it seems to attempt to start a gaming forum since there's so many - but what other kind of community could this be turned into if that's the path we took?

If anything, it would probably be a better idea to try to turn TRR back into that "Clan & Community" by inviting clans to come here. You said it yourself, when this took place before, the Community Member rank held a lot of activity. Maybe this is what we are looking for?

Huygens

Huygens

• 1,271 Posts

the Community Member rank held a lot of activity

It did? Hard to imagine people not in the clan would be very active on the forums, or are you talking about ingame?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Not a member? Sign up!

Create Account
Already have an account? Sign in!
Logo

A place for Elder Scrolls fans.

4,749 Members 5,241 Discussions 35,399 Replies
This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
© 2018 ElderSouls.com