The Rebelz: The Gaming Forum

Fergal

TRR is falling apart either way. Why not do something intelligent and not focus it on RuneScape anymore. It is a dieing game that deserves to be shot in the head and put out of its misery. This wouldn't be TRR if we did the RCW thing anyway. We were built around the idea of being a "do anything you want" clan. So all in all, David has the say anyway, he is the official Admin and owner of this clan.

• Upvote 1

TRR is falling apart either way. Why not do something intelligent and not focus it on RuneScape anymore. It is a dieing game that deserves to be shot in the head and put out of its misery. This wouldn't be TRR if we did the RCW thing anyway. We were built around the idea of being a "do anything you want" clan. So all in all, David has the say anyway, he is the official Admin and owner of this clan.

Things aren't really that bad in TRR/RuneScape, but this is basically my thinking. TRR hasn't ever been an extremely serious/pushy events or warring clan. I'm not saying this is a reason to not do RCW - I agree with it - I'm just saying that moving towards more of community would probably change less than you'd believe. Yes, we've had success, but I really don't think that diversifying would necessarily change anything. Even now, the majority of forum topics/discussion don't even revolve around RuneScape. It's really not that big of a push.And yes, I realize how absurd it seems to attempt to start a gaming forum since there's so many - but what other kind of community could this be turned into if that's the path we took?

And yes, I realize how absurd it seems to attempt to start a gaming forum since there's so many - but what other kind of community could this be turned into if that's the path we took?

If anything, it would probably be a better idea to try to turn TRR back into that "Clan & Community" by inviting clans to come here. You said it yourself, when this took place before, the Community Member rank held a lot of activity. Maybe this is what we are looking for?

It worked when TRR was active. People from other clans and communities won't ever come here as long as TRR isn't extremely active by itself. Plus we had issues with getting the Diplomats to actually go out and invite clans.

Maybe get some more members to use the forums more, and then get some Clan Friends (proper, not just other clans) to post a little too, rising the activity. Which will in turn increase the likelihood that other clans/communities will come here.I'm willing to invite some clans tbh, not too much to ask. Maybe even Huygens will be willing to help too, I've seen his dedication to recruiting on RS Official Forums. :D
  • Upvote 1

If it was as easy as just getting more members to use the forums, this problem wouldn't exist in the first place.

I know. But that's because we can't just make forum posting mandatory or ask everyone to post all the time. If we ask people to post on the forums for the sake of boosting our activity up a little towards what it should be, they might.I've seen it happen before, people that never use forums actually end up getting a nice few posts because they decide to post again after. Brought LoL out of an activity slump like this before. Just an idea.

I have already asked members about that, they felt it was a hassle and wouldn't do it anyway. Too many view the forums as just a hassle and only want the in-game part of the clan, not the out-game. And demanding forum usage would be a problem for those who aren't able to find time to get on the forums and scan them everyday. Life does get in the way sometimes.

You know what if the leaders against reviving TRR wtf Is the point? Scrap the RCW I'm leaving I'd you guys reckon we're dead then we are cause to pull this clan back we all have to have the same frame of mind and we don't

I'm completely for increasing TRR's activity. I don't even think it really has to be "revived". I honestly think this option could be in the long-term interest of the RuneScape-only TRR as well in the sense that we shouldn't have to recruit. There's a reason I approved the RCW idea though, and we're still going to try it. If no one feels that this extended community is something they want to be apart of, it won't happen. There's no reason to quit over it since TRR isn't going anywhere either way.This topic was made so we could have feedback on an idea. People shouldn't get bent out of shape over it, just share your thoughts.

Woops sorry I'd been on the beers :D works night out got messy then I was eating me toast and thought I'd check the forums out on my phone lmao bad ideaWell the RCW idea wasn't to try and turn us in to a warring clan. I like who TRR is, a great community.The RCW will mainly be CC based anyway as the wars will eventually just be done when enough people are online and they won't be mandatory of course.

Instead of having this argument that obviously leads to nowhere, why don't we actually come up with a plan and do something? I would very like the leaders to make a decision and a plan, so we know what to do.Instead of speculating about what could help TRR, we should actually start trying it about...now.Dont get me wrong, no flame..

Woops sorry I'd been on the beers :D works night out got messy then I was eating me toast and thought I'd check the forums out on my phone lmao bad ideaWell the RCW idea wasn't to try and turn us in to a warring clan. I like who TRR is, a great community.The RCW will mainly be CC based anyway as the wars will eventually just be done when enough people are online and they won't be mandatory of course.

Whoa, you had be worried. And yeah, people need to realise that we aren't trying to turn TRR completely into some warring focused clan, there is absolutely just to get some people into the Clan Chat (and hopefully the forums as well) for activity and to have some fun!@Huygens: I really think we should just try RWC and then if actually necessary, give this a shot. The only reason why I'm worried that the gaming forum idea will backfire is because it's going to be almost impossible to start off.Considering we just have a lot of TRR related topics anyway. Once we open up the Skyrim or whatever forums, there will be nothing in those forums, but something like 10k posts on the forums altogether? Just my thoughts.