Skyrim i can't do the quest called season unending and join the stormcloaks?

Guest thatoneguy

Question

Guest thatoneguy

Skyrim i can't do the quest called season unending and join the stormcloaks?

because ever time i talk to the ulfrik stormcloak he says go talk to galmar you will be doing something for him, or something like that and i talk to galmor and he says i cant belive you made ulfrik take to the empire sounds like a worse of a time if you ask me, i all i have to do on both quest is talk to them. ps i play xbox

19 answers to this question

EDIT: As of the upcoming v1.4 patch (click here for the release notes), this issue is supposed to be fixed as well. You could always wait for that and hope for the best.

[*]Fixed issue where Galmar would not complete Joining the Stormcloaks properly if "Season Unending" was an active quest

[*]Fixed issue where starting "Season Unending" after finishing "Joining the Stormcloaks" would prevent "The Jagged Crown" from starting properly.

[*]Fixed issue progressing through "Message to Whiterun" while "Season Unending" was still open would block progression for both quests.

Since your issue appears to be with Galmar, I've highlighted the known issues below that involve him. It seems like there's conflict between the quest The Jagged Crown. If you have both of the quests active, try completing the Jagged Crown and see if it solves your issue. If not, post here and we'll see what else we can do. Worst case you'll have to reload from a previous save before starting the quest you're having issues with.

There is a serious bug that can affect Season Unending's Peace Treaty option, coming from a variety of quest lines.

[*]If you have joined the Stormcloaks:

[*]If you started Joining the Stormcloaks, Ulfric will not speak to you except to tell you to complete your mission.

[*]The Jagged Crown quest will likewise cause Ulfric to refuse to speak to you until it is completed.

[*]As a result, Ulfric won't speak to you starting from the moment you request to join the Stormcloaks until the end of Jagged Crown.

[*]When Season Unending and The Jagged Crown are both active, if you have not already talked to Galmar Stone-Fist, he will refuse to talk to you. This can be prevented by finishing either quest line before starting the other.

[*]If you have started A Battle for Whiterun, it may not be possible to complete the Peace Treaty option. Upon conclusion of the Civil War, the game will mark off the treaty as concluded successfully.

[*]Workaround:

[*]If you have not yet taken the oath in Joining the Stormcloaks, you can reset all progress in that quest by typing "resetquest CW01B" in the console. This will allow you to speak with Ulfric about the peace treaty.

[*]Upon completing the objective in Joining the Stormcloaks, speak to Galmar, but do not take the oath. Ulfric will now talk to you and you can proceed with the peace treaty.

[*]Upon completing the objective in Joining the Stormcloaks, enter the Palace of Kings and proceed to the room where Ulfric and Galmar are debating and instantly talk to Ulfric. Reportedly, it requires multiple attempts of requesting to talk before he finally does but once he talks to you, you will be able to continue the Season Unending quest as normal.

[*]One possible fix is to use the console and enter "setstage mq302 30" which will skip to the step after you talk to Ulfric.

[*]If you are still having problems use this command in console "Resetquest MQ302" This will force the quest to start from the begin again *Note: that quest journal doesn't change* This will allow you to continue with the starting quest for the Storm cloaks such as Jagged Crown.

[*]If you have joined the Imperials:

[*]If you have started Joining the Legion, Tullius will refuse to speak to you except to say that you have orders.

[*]The Jagged Crown will cause Tullius to still not speak with you until the quest is complete.

[*]As a result, Tullius will refuse to speak to you from the moment you request to join the Legion until the end of Jagged Crown.

[*]The Imperial quests do not seem to suffer from the Stormcloaks issue of not being able to receive or complete the Jagged Crown.

[*]Workaround:

[*]If you have not yet taken the oath in Joining the Legion, you can reset all progress in that quest by typing "resetquest CW01A" in the console. This will allow you to speak with Tullius about the peace treaty.

[*]Giving Tullius the crown will unlock the dialogue option allowing you to continue Season Unending's peace treaty option.

[*]There may be a brief period where Tullius' dialogue will unlock between reporting on clearing the fort and taking the oath. You may have to exit out of forced dialogue in order to do this.

[*]If you have yet to finish Joining the Legion, simply starting and completing Joining the Stormcloaks will end the former, thus making it possible to speak to Tullius. Just make sure to speak to Ulfric about the peace treaty first.

[*]Alternatively, if you do not wish to complete the Jagged Crown, you can fix this on the PC by entering the following console code: setstage MQ302 20 (this will complete the mission to talk with General Tullius about the conference).

[*]Not starting any of the civil war quests will allow you to complete the Peace Treaty unhindered. This means you need to refrain from talking to either party about joining their army. As soon as you do and confirm you want to join, you have started their quest line.

______

You should also consider creating an account here; it comes with several benefits and will also make it easier to post questions and answers. It's completely free! :)

• Upvote 1

Not for nothing but someone kindly tell me HOW do I enter any kind of code on my Xbox360? I'd love to use the cheats you listed above but don't know how to go about it. Thank you in advance.

Thank you both and yes I got the update for the game. It wasn't a large update took about a few seconds but that really didn't help anything at all. All I want is to get the "peace treaty" option while talking to Tullius WITHOUT joining the Legion. As it stands now I have to actually take the oath to join the Legion in order to open up the option for the peace treaty from Tullius.

Have you confirmed that joining/helping the legion fixes the issue in your own game, or is that what you've researched? As far as I understand, you can go a ways in either line (cloak or imperial) before you have to officially join on or the other with the oath (may be wrong, it's been ages since I've done that quest line). If you can get the peace treaty option by doing a few tasks, you may not have to take the oath anyways.It's a shame the update didn't help, though it would make sense if it has to be installed before the quests start.An alternative, although undesirable, is reloading a previous save and finishing the main quest before the civil war line, or vice versa.

Have you confirmed that joining/helping the legion fixes the issue in your own game, or is that what you've researched? As far as I understand, you can go a ways in either line (cloak or imperial) before you have to officially join on or the other with the oath (may be wrong, it's been ages since I've done that quest line).

After you get the crown, you can choose to give it to Ulfric or Tulius. That is when you make your official decision.

Yes I've confirmed that by taking the oath, the "treaty" option opens up with Tullius where some people get the option much earlier in the quest without taking the oath.Blexum that's an interesting thought but it sure sounded to me when Tullius gave me the oath that I was making my decision then and there. Darn it! I wanted to travel through Skyrim without attachments to any of them but in order for me to progress I guess I'll have to take the dumb oath for the Legion.

Blexum that's an interesting thought but it sure sounded to me when Tullius gave me the oath that I was making my decision then and there. Darn it! I wanted to travel through Skyrim without attachments to any of them but in order for me to progress I guess I'll have to take the dumb oath for the Legion.

Off the top of my head, I think it's either...1. You go to the leader, do a task (kill an ice wraith or empty a fort of bandits), take oath, get crownor2. You go to the leader, do a task, get crown, do oath.All I know is you can abandon each side by giving the crown to the other leader, however if you just wanna remain neutral, I think you are in a jam. LEGION FO LYFE.

Guest TDawg6677

I still can't talk to Galmar because of Season Unending. I have yet to take the oath for the Empire or Stormcloak Army. I can't take the oath now that I exited out of the offer to talk to Ulfric, and now Galmar just says "I can't believe you convinced Ulfric to talk to the Imperials." And he won't offer me to take the oath.Help???

I still can't talk to Galmar because of Season Unending. I have yet to take the oath for the Empire or Stormcloak Army. I can't take the oath now that I exited out of the offer to talk to Ulfric, and now Galmar just says "I can't believe you convinced Ulfric to talk to the Imperials." And he won't offer me to take the oath.Help???

Are you sure your game is updated with the latest patch? Make sure that it is. If not, connect to the internet via PSN/Live and run the game - the update will start automatically. After the patch installs, play Skyrim 15-20mins and the quest should automatically start.

Got the issue here too. No solution seems tone available that I can find. So I'm asking for help for Xbox 360 please no PC info. During the season unending when talking to Ulfric and Galmar they will not allow conversation past the preprogrammed. I cannot complete the quest Jagged Crown nor join the imperials. No assistance has been gained by doing any updates. Just wasted money. This issue has been posted since 2011 and doesn't seem to have any solution past restart or find someone with a PC. I'm looking for a solution that anyone has come across.

I see how to fix the problem, I'm still on the first stage of Joining the Stormcloaks, but since I have the Steam edition, I don't know how to get to the console in order the type in the solution.

Guest Nick C89

Hey guys I'm trying to start the peace council but when I sit down in the chair nothing happens. I don't know what the problem is. I already gave the guy the crown. I'm on the 360. Someone please help.

Guest eagle011

this is my problem i becam a stormcloak and took the oath now after i took the oath i just wanted to continue on the main storyline so i went to gnereal tullium or whatever and he accepted to come then when i got to ulfric he says that i have a mission to do something like that and when i try to talk to gorman i think he says that how could i talk to the general and i can't do anything someone pleaseeeeeeeeee help cuz this is getting me mad