Easiest or Best way to kill a frost troll. I NEED HELP.

Guest EpicSwag96

Question

Guest EpicSwag96
hey guys. im new at skyrim and only just turned level 6. i have to go through a place called "labyrinth" and theres an ice troll at the very front gate, and i just cant kill him. so can you guys give me some ideas on how to kill him, or certain weapons or spells to get that will make it easier for me? id appreciate it.

9 answers to this question

All trolls, especially Ice Trolls, are weak to fire. If you really want to fight one, I recommend using any fire spells you have available to you. If you are primarily shield and sword, then hitting him with the shield while slashing when he's staggering can also work. If you use usually use archery, then find a spot where the trolls can't reach you and shoot at them. Hop off to make them chase you again and repeat.Without spoiling too much, Labyrintha, or whatever it's called, is pretty much a College of Winterhold (pretty much a Mage Guild) quest related place. That being said, if you can't kill the 3 or so Ice trolls at level 6, there isn't much you can actually do there anyway. If I were you, I probably would just run and come back when you actually have to be there.

Guest EpicSwag96

thanks... i already DO have to go through here im getting the horn of jurgen windcaller for the greybeards, and one of my spells says its this way... but thanks again

As Blexun has said, fire spells are probably the most practical way to kill them. You can spray the spell at them while backing up and they don't move fast enough to be able to hit you. They'll get extremely close, but the wind-up for their attack takes so long you'll be out of range before they actually do it.You should also consider creating an account here; it comes with several benefits and will also make it easier to post questions and answers. It's completely free! Just something to think about if you think you'll have more questions.

Not sure if you're talking about the ice troll at the grey beards, at the first encounter I died. 2nd encounter I sneaked close enough to shoot some sneak arrows in him for extra damage, then my follower started attacking him so he was distracted (unfortunately one of my arrows appearently hit her), then I started running all the way back to one of the adventurers on the mountain, they will help you. So just keep fus ro dah'ing your way back to the mountain.

The ice troll at the greybeards messed me up. The first time I tried, the darn thing killed me and threw my body up into the air, it was pretty dramatic. The second time I tried, I used a scroll that had fire explosion...it ended up killing the troll but also took out my follower, who I was using as a pack horse (she did look kind of like a horse in the face, so I felt alright about it) and lost a lot of carrying weight, so I reloaded and the third time was the charm, using fire spell and drinking a lot of potions. I favorited health, magicka, and stamina potions and live off of them.

All trolls, especially Ice Trolls, are weak to fire. If you really want to fight one, I recommend using any fire spells you have available to you. If you are primarily shield and sword, then hitting him with the shield while slashing when he's staggering can also work. If you use usually use archery, then find a spot where the trolls can't reach you and shoot at them. Hop off to make them chase you again and repeat.Without spoiling too much, Labyrintha, or whatever it's called, is pretty much a College of Winterhold (pretty much a Mage Guild) quest related place. That being said, if you can't kill the 3 or so Ice trolls at level 6, there isn't much you can actually do there anyway. If I were you, I probably would just run and come back when you actually have to be there.

I was using archery to beat the frost troll and then it was like the third time he jumped down and tried to come up the rocks where i was at and he was there for a little while and then the Bentley he gave up and was starting to go back to his home place once again but then when he was heading towards the cliff were you she is that he disappeared and I've been waiting for like an hour for him to come back and he still hasn't returned why is that?

I was using archery to beat the frost troll and then it was like the third time he jumped down and tried to come up the rocks where i was at and he was there for a little while and then the Bentley he gave up and was starting to go back to his home place once again but then when he was heading towards the cliff were you she is that he disappeared and I've been waiting for like an hour for him to come back and he still hasn't returned why is that?

Never heard of that follower, but you could always revert to an older save if you really want him back. Likewise, you can try going to where you first hired the follower to see if he's back there.Try hiring another follower to see if this is a serious issue or not.