Farengar Secret-Fire's Voice Acting

David

This character seems to be quite hated for the way he talks. Kids raging over not being able to understand his dialect abounds in message boards everywhere.Personally, I really think it adds to his character and the dialect is an interesting addition to Skyrim's otherwise pretty regular voice acting. I'd have enjoyed it if there were more truly unique voices in the game. If anyone cares, his voice actor is Jim Cunnings who also did these characters.You say Farengar's voice actor is bad. I think he's one of the better ones after Esbern (who must have two since when he's looking at the Wall thing he suddenly sounds like Sean Connery).

*youtubes who Farengar is*Oh you mean the Whiterun wizard guy. Never really had a problem with his voice. It's always nice to have unique voice actors. I'm very glad you made that comment about Esbern cause I thought the same thing.On a side note, my favorite voice actor is the guy who did Festus Krex, the mage in The Dark Brotherhood. His voice actor also did the Patriarch in Mass Effect 2, Pete in Kingdom Hearts games and the Micky Mouse show, did the voices for Tigger and Pooh in several Winnie the Pooh shows/movies, Ed in The Lion King, that snake in The Jungle Book, and many other roles.

On a side note, my favorite voice actor is the guy who did Festus Krex, the mage in The Dark Brotherhood. His voice actor also did the Patriarch in Mass Effect 2, Pete in Kingdom Hearts games and the Micky Mouse show, did the voices for Tigger and Pooh in several Winnie the Pooh shows/movies, Ed in The Lion King, that snake in The Jungle Book, and many other roles.

I'll have to watch for him, I haven't started the Dark Brotherhood questline yet. Nice job on the background research though.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I recognized his voice from Mass Effect. For some reason I thought he did the Flying Dutchman on Spongebob.On a slightly related note, I recently saw and heard Kristen Bell on The Late Late Show. She sounded familiar so I IMDB'd her to see where I've seen her before. After shifting through a bunch of movies and show's I've never seen, I figured out it was on Assassin's Creed. Movies be damned.

• 1 year later...

I googled the character to find the voice actor because I thought his voice was super-sexy. This quality was obviously unappreciated by the (presumably young men) playing Skyrim! Sad, sad, sad.

I've been very impressed with the range of voice actors for Skyrim. I've been playing WoW for ages, and I think they only have about 3 different people saying about 10 different things...

• Upvote 1