Can you remarry in Skyrim?

Guest herroprease

Question

Guest herroprease

As alot of people, i easily ended up with Camilla Valerius because the quest was so easy to marry her. Now I'm extremely tired of everything she says and i'd like to "divorce" her.

Is there any way i can remarry?

23 answers to this question

Unfortunately, no, you can only marry once (as of now, wouldn't be surprised if they changed this in a patch since everyone is complaining). If you have a PC you can re-marry using the console commands.You can "get rid of her" by killing her, if you wish. But again, you only can marry one time, even if your spouse dies. Forever alone.If you want some related information, you should check out our guide to Skyrim marriage.______You should also consider creating an account here; it comes with several benefits and will also make it easier to post questions and answers. It's completely free! :)

Guest herroprease

Thanks for your reply, Traaginen. Many people are saying that a "Courier" will come with a letter saying that you can remarry and a small amount of money, as a condolance for your loss.

Yes, there will be a courier delivering a message that contains your spouse's will and a small amount of money. However, I believe you're still unable to remarry if your spouse dies; of course, this could have been patched recently. I doubt it though, there's been a lot of misinformation about it in the past. If you're going to kill her anyways you could always try it and report back. :)

Guest herroprease

Is there any special time of the day or place a courier is more likely to show up? i also got a note from "Sven" from Riverwood that he thinks killing Camilla was okay.

According to the wiki,

Using a dragon shout in public view can increase the probability of a contact with the Courier; after doing so, he will usually appear some time later with a letter that activates a miscellaneous quest directing the player to a location where they may find an undiscovered Word Wall. He will also occasionally bring other kinds of messages.

Sometimes you never receive the letter/will, though. It may be that way with you.I'd just try to do the marriage quest again whether or not you're delivered one.

Guest herroprease

Perhaps you're right. I'm so irritated by the fact that we dont cet a console ... when a game is as buggy as this it shouldn't even be needed to ask for. Thanks your all your help

Guest Kylie

As alot of people, i easily ended up with Camilla Valerius because the quest was so easy to marry her. Now I'm extremely tired of everything she says and i'd like to "divorce" her.

Is there any way i can remarry?

Kill her first then a few days later a courier will come saying, " Sorry for your lose," and give you a note from Maven Black-Briar about the the death of your wife or husband. Then after that you should be able to re-marry

Kill her first then a few days later a courier will come saying, " Sorry for your lose," and give you a note from Maven Black-Briar about the the death of your wife or husband. Then after that you should be able to re-marry

When did you do this, and what is the probability? because I did it, and brutally murdered Lydia (as a test) and got nothing but a letter of Will.

Sadly this is a very "grey area" subject. people will go to the ends of the world, saying that you can, while some, or even maybe most people who try have failed to no avail. I assume nobody technically knows. I wish i personally could help, but I found re-marrying didn't work what-so-ever.

ok thanks for the help

Did you even try with this marriage?Did you take her out to dinner, buy a lovely bottle of wine, get her some new sexy underwear and really try?This is why the world is failing, too many people just kill their wife and hope a courier will solve their problems.I hope for the world's sake you cannot remarry, and that every woman knows what you did to your last!

Guest Forever alone

Oh man I really should have read this before marrying and then killing my husband! Dunno if anyone else found this but my character is a butch imperial man with a thick moustache and Romlynn Dreth started flirting with me in a tavern. Because my character had little success with women I think he just decided to become gay and accept Romlynn's hand in marriage. Then he realized he doesn't love Romlynn so he killed him. Tough gig...

Thanks for your reply, Traaginen. Many people are saying that a "Courier" will come with a letter saying that you can remarry and a small amount of money, as a condolance for your loss.

well thats only if u have a follower spouse but even if your wife/husband is a follower you will gain money from their inheritance but u can't remarry.