This Week in Gaming: Releases, iPhone 5, and G4
Last Weeks Games (13th-19th of September)
So as I was looking up the games for this article I realized that we're really coming up to a time when a lot of games are released. I didn't realize just how many there would be already; of course many of them aren't major releases but it's still a lot of games.
Games Released on the 14th
- Black Mesa, for PC
- FTL: Faster Than Light, for PC and Mac
- Joe Danger 2:The Movie, for Xbox Live Arcade
- Kirby 20th Anniversary Special Collection, for the Wii
- Borderlands 2, for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360
- F1 2012, for iOS, PC, PS3, 360
- Street Fighter 25th Anniversary Collectors Set. for PS3 and 360
- Phantom Leader, for iOS
- Jet Set Radio HD, for PC and XBLA
- Realm of Ancient Wars, for XBLA
Upcoming Games (20th-28th of September)
So you wouldn't be wrong to say that a lot of games came out last week, but even more are coming out over the next week!
Games to be released on the 20th
- Realm of Ancient Wars, for PSN
- Torchlight II, for PC
- Train Simulator 2013, for PC
- Boulder Dash-XL 3D, for 3DS
- Dead or Alive 5, for 360 and PS3
- Family Guy: Back to the Multiverse, for PC, PS3 and 360
- FIFA 13, for 360, 3DS, iOS, PC, PS2, PS3, PSP, PS Vita, Wii, and 360. It will also be released for the Wii U at a later date.
- Hell Yeah!, for PSN
- LittleBigPlanet PS Vita, for...yep, you guessed it... the PS Vita.
- One Piece: Pirate Warriors, for PS3
- Pro Evolution Soccer 2013, for 3DS, PC, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii and 360.
- The Testament of Sherlock Holmes, for PS3 and 360
- Tokyo Jungle, for PS3
- Warriors Lair, for PS3 and PS Vita
- World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandoria expansion for PC and Mac
- Hell Yeah! for XBLA
- Bad Piggies for Android and iOS
- Carrier Command: Gaea Mission, for PC and 360
Announcements and Demos
- Further details on Nintendo’s next console have been revealed. We have all the details for you here.
- Apple unveiled the next iPhone, the iPhone 5. To be perfectly honest, I’m not the best person to talk about its features. Besides, I don’t want to tease myself since I’m still paying off my iPhone 4s.
- It was announced that the gaming and technology channel G4 will be rebranded in 2013, and will be made less “geeky” and more “hip” in hopes of targeting a more general modern audience. Strangely, they also claim they are going to be trying to stick to their roots despite the fact that they seem to be doing the complete opposite of that.
- Bayonetta 2 was announced, but you may be disappointed to learn that it will be a Wii U exclusive; a decision which has already been met with criticism from fans. No release date has been given at this point.
- A 1.22GB demo for the upcoming Fable title “Fable: The Journey” has been released on the Xbox Live Marketplace.
Weird and Interesting News from the World of Gaming
- Hackers from the University of Bristol have converted a Kinect into a handheld 3D scanner.
- The infamous Facebook gaming company, Zynga, which is known for games such as Farmville, has bought A Bit of Lucky, which is another Facebook gaming company known for titles like Lucky Train.
- Microsoft is planning on opening a new tablet gaming studio in London to make games for Windows 8 tablets.