This Week in Gaming - Gods, Ninjas, and Jedi!
So without further ado, lets get started.
This week is mostly downloadable content (DLC) with only a few full retail releases.
Games Released on the 14th
- Star Wars: The Old Republic - Rise of the Hutt Cartel Expansion (for PC)
Games Released on the 15th
- Pandora's Tower (for Wii)
Games Released on the 16th
- Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner- Soul Hackers (for 3DS)
- Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall DLC (for Xbox360, PS3, and PC)
- Victoria II: Heart of Darkness DLC/Expansion(for PC)
- Darkfall Unholy Wars (for PC)
- Injustice: Gods Among Us (for Xbox360, PS3, and WiiU)
Probably the biggest game to come out this week. Gods Among Us (Mighty Among Us in the Middle East) is a fighting game featuring the characters from DC comics such as Superman, Batman, The Joker, Wonderwoman, etc.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II - Uprising DLC(for Xbox 360)
- Capcom Arcade Cabinet: Game Pack 5 (for Xbox360 and PS3)
Games Released on the 17th
- Sacred Citadel (for Xbox360, PS3, and PC)
Games Released on the 18th
- PaPo and Yo (for PC) (Previously released on PS3)
- Witch and Hero (for 3DS)
Games Released on the 19th
- God Mode (for PC and Xbox360)
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
Whilst it was released last month for most of the world, it was only just released in Japan on the 18th. It's available on both the Xbox 360 and PS3. As a massive anime/manga fan I really want to get this game. The strange thing about the Ultimate Ninja Storm games is that rather than continuing where they left off in the story they go back through everything from the start and end up going further in the story. There's also a special DLC code that you can get from some stores with the game that adds a Goku skin for Naruto to wear. I think that's a really cool reference to Dragonball, as Naruto is published in the same magazine that Dragonball was published in and most modern mangaka (manga authors) grew up watching Dragonball. [/otakurant]
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Released back in February for the US, but only just released on the 19th in Europe (a year since it was released in Japan) and on the 20th in Australia. Available on 3DS.
News from around the industry.
- A month after the Boy Scouts introduced a badge for game design the Girl Scouts have introduced one for game development (currently only LA, but it may be implemented worldwide).
- Pokemon Rumble U trailer became available on the Nintendo3DS eShop
- EA has announced a patch for the "unable to process" error in SimCity scheduled for launch on the 22nd
Weird Gaming News and Facts
Some tidbits to fill your bland week with the joy of the unexpected.
- Tim Lamgdell began suing developers such as EA and Namco 4 years ago for using the word edge in video games (eg. Mirrors Edge) after trademarking it based on games he made in the '80s. Fortunately he has recently had his trademark cancelled and can no longer claim infringement for the use of the word.