Getting Staff of Magnus

Guest MageInNeed

Question

Guest MageInNeed

I've been trying to beat the quest where you searchLabyrinthian for the Staff of Magnus. At the final boss, I kill the two ghost wizards and free the final boss from his force field. But I can't beat him. After leaving and getting about ten more levels up, I still can't beat him. None of the normal fighting styles work well. Both one and two handed weapons were useless, and archery and magic don't seem to phase him. I've tried many times but still can't even come close to hurting him. If there is an advised way to beat him, i would appreciate it greatly. Or if not, it would be nice to know the recommended level i reach before i attempt to fight him. (V)_(;,,:)_(v) Many thanks, Mage In Need

4 answers to this question

That's a very tough fight, one of the toughest I remember doing in the game. I think it was 1 of only 2 times I had to turn the difficulty down. If you haven't tried that, it may be your best option at this point - turn the difficulty down to novice. It will still be a challenging fight. As far as levels go, the NPC's in Skyrim level with you, so they'll get stronger as you do up until level 50.Personally, I had to resort to guerrilla-esque fighting for that boss. Get what shots in you can, and then hide behind something and heal. If you can get him up to the highest pillar where one of the mages used to be and then jump off, he'll often get stuck up there. At that point you can just range him.Let us now how it goes. I'm on my phone atm; I can help more when I get back to my computer.

Like Traag said, he will level with you, so leveling won't help.If you attack the mages holding him but do not kill them, you can attack Morokei without him attacking back as log as you stay upon the platform. I recommend using a drain spell bow from earlier in the cave to sap all his magicka.Also register if you would like to become part of our community and help other people like yourself out. We cover all games, Skyrim is just what everyone is playing currently.

Guest MageInNeed

Thanks SOOOO much for the advice. I managed to get him trapped where the ghost wizards were and use archery. I am DEFINATLY joining the site! Again, THANKS! Thanks again, Mage In Need