Favorite album of all time?

MstrMonopoly

There are a lot of contenders that I could put here.* OK Computer* Kid A* Radio City* Yankee Hotel Foxtrot* The Beach Boys Today!* Sunflower* Pinkerton* DoolittleBut in reality, the best album of all time is Pet Sounds. if you listen to the album carefully, it tells a beautiful romance story. It starts off with the innocent beauty of Wouldn't It Be Nice, goes through the pure love songs of God Only Knows and Don't Talk and the acidic breakup song Here Today, and finally closes with the mournful regret of Caroline No (the dog barking after the train leaving the station always gets me).How about you guys? What's your favorite album and why?

Breakfast in America - SupertrampMany Frank Sinatra albums where he mourns over Ava Gardner. They may be terribly depressing, but they are absolutely amazing musically. In particular, I think of now: Where are you?, Only the Lonely (I think Sinatra said that was his best work), In The Wee Small Hours of the Morning, and though not about Ava Gardner, a similar theme from the same era, September of my Years.Nearly the entire catalog of Pink Floyd, and the Beatles. Should be obvious.Pet Sounds, of course.For me, I doubt for anyone else, a lot of Barry Manilow albums fit this for me. Even Now, If I Should Love Again, and a self-titled one from 1989, to me are the albums he has that are as close to flawless as he'll get. No bad songs I can think of on them, and they are all consistently good quality, with the music and the lyrics.Carpenters albums almost always had at least one dud on them, but if you take a good greatest hits collection, that to me would show why I love the group so much.Pretty much everything Queen did before 1980, and Freddie's tragic grand finale, Innuendo.Again, just for me personally, I don't expect anyone to agree, a select few ABBA albums. Mainly the aptly titled ABBA - The Album, and perhaps the Visitors or Super Trouper. Very kitschy of course, but they were well aware of it and were still very skilled musicians and could craft pop songs perfectly.Journey's Greatest Hits from 1988, although a compilation, remains the album I have played more often than any other, both on a cassette and mp3s. One of my favorites to listen to all the way through.Michael Jackson's Thriller and Bad, minus the Girl is Mine.And although not albums, so much as scores, nearly anything Nobuo Uematsu has composed for the Final Fantasy games, even ones I don't particularly enjoy playing.

• 2 months later...