I cant dismiss followers, but they are going away

Guest Rantotthus08

Question

Guest Rantotthus08

Hi, my problem is that I reinstalled my pc, then installed skyrim and my mods again (I have the 3Dlc-s, unofficial update, and kuertees simple multiple follower mod, which i had before). My problem is that when the game loads (it says that i have missing files etc(although i dont know what)) Jzargo and Aela who were my 2 followers are going away. Their follower menu says that they are still with me, and speak like they are going with me ("Going on an adventure, etc), but when i click on 'its time for us to part ways' they dont do anything (the game says 'follower leaves your service', but nothing happens, everything stays the same). I can recruit other follower(s), but i cant do anything with them. I know this is a little complicated, but please help, i dont know what to try.

1 answer to this question

When you're looking at your Steam Library where all of your games are listed, right click on Skyrim and then select properties on the menu that pops-up. On the next menu, select the Local Files tab and then hit Verify Integrity of Game Cache...

Let that run and then see if everything's working. If so, great -- the issue was the missing files.

If the problem still persists, you should disable all of your mods, re-launch the game, and see if the issue is resolved then. If so, there was an issue / conflict with one of your mods. You can then go through your mod list and disable one at a time to find the specific culprit.

Let me know if the above works or not. :)