Lurker Check In

David

I know the forum has been pretty slow recently with the aging of Skyrim and... Well, the state of ESO... So I thought I'd make this thread for those of us still lurking.

Anyway, most of you probably noticed that I've been pretty inactive around here for the better part of a year. I just finished my final semester of college about a month ago. I tried to finish strong and boost my sorry GPA a bit, which unfortunately meant cutting out some of the pet projects (such as this place) that were dominating my time. 

Now that college is done, my days are spent studying for graduate school tests and stressing about letters of recommendation, careers, white picket fences, and the like. My time still isn't going to magically rebound to what it was once was, but after July I expect my helmed-alpaca avatar will be seen around these parts more often. 

I've spent the last couple of days procrastinating horribly -- naturally this means that the site sees a few updates. The changes were pretty modest, but I'm happy to see the horrible background image and header/footer gradients go. If any of you are feeling nostalgic or just hate change, I made the previous version of the skin available as "Original" in the skin selector.

So I guess that's me. What's new with you, ElderSouls.com?

What is the plans for Easter Souls? Anything new and interesting?

The site will be offline year-round except for one day - Easter - when it will spring to life like a Phoenix from ashes. There will be much rejoicing. 

On a serious note, it's going to stay pretty much the same until news of the next TES game starts coming out. Then the place will once again become a hype train / rumor mill until the release, at which point mechanics and specific details can be covered. 

So long as it pays for its own server costs (and I don't see that changing anytime soon), I don't feel the need to change anything. The forum is pretty inactive, but the overall traffic is consistently the same (with the exception of ESO's release). I don't know what else I could do with an "eldersouls" domain name other than have a TES site anyways. 

On the software side, I no longer plan to update ES to IPS 4. There'd be far too much time required to re-do the skin from scratch and fix the things that will inevitably break for modest benefits. That's something I'll look at again when the next TES game comes out.

Yeah, I guess. Next TES game should bring more activity here anyway, considering the failure of ESO post-launch.

I still haven't even played ESO despite pre-ordering it months before release for $40. I've heard it's improved substantially since it went gold, but I have no basis for comparison so that might not actually mean anything. 

Hi. I still do the occasional lurk. Also, I'm nostalgic about the old background...

As you know, I did get Skyrim. I've still just played it for one hour right after I got it. Haven't really gotten around to playing it much yet...

Oh well, I got my last exam before summer break in a few days, so I guess I'll find some time to try it properly.

Hi. I still do the occasional lurk. Also, I'm nostalgic about the old background...

As you know, I did get Skyrim. I've still just played it for one hour right after I got it. Haven't really gotten around to playing it much yet...

Oh well, I got my last exam before summer break in a few days, so I guess I'll find some time to try it properly.

I can only imagine that in the last 4 days since your post you've logged about 40 hours.

I lurk.

Weren't you in the Philippines? That's a pretty major change to describe in five words. What drove the move?

I didn't like it there and I was getting depressed. So I moved to Canada...

The next time I'm staring belligerently at Canada from the edge of Lake Superior, I'll wave to you.

You better.

And, hey, it's been two weeks, but nobody has exhibited a weird accent, mooses and beavers are nowhere in sight, the sun has been frying me, the Mounted Police are in cars, and I haven't heard the word "eh" even once.

For better or for worse, I think popular media may have lied to us. I'm a bit baffled myself.

• 1 month later...