What happens when you have multiple horses?

Buttons

Question

Ok, so... I've just killed the jester guy, who really annoyed me so I'm glad he is dead, but I've just been given the opportunity to ride the horse from the dark brotherhood (Shadowmere I think his name is). But now I don't know what to do. I love my Frost. Frost has been with me forever, so I cant just leave him behind, right? And so I'm standing outside the dark brotherhood sanctuary not knowing which horse to take. 

These are my questions:

1) If I take Shadowmere, how long can I keep him?

2) If I take Shadowmere, what happens to Frost?

3) And if I take Shadowmere, and then later decide I want Frost back, can I get Frost back? And if I can get Frost back later, where will I find him?

4) However, if I decide not to take Shadowmere, and keep Frost, can I still get Shadowmere later on?

6 answers to this question

1. You cannot keep him, he is not your horse.

2. Nothing, Frost doesn't just disappear into thin air, he probably goes to the farm to work for farmer Harris, and plough his fields, and his 17 year old Horse Fetish Daughter.

3.  Frost will be too busy nailing a 17 year old slut, no you cannot get him back.

4.  No, stop asking questions about useless fucking horses.

Really, Tynisa? Far out...

Francis, Not all followers are the same, right? I can let Lydia go and find her back doing her duty in Whiterun, and then I could just get her to follow me again, but if I let the dog go I wouldn't be able to get him back so easy.... So I'm guessing that Frost is more like Vigilance than Lydia... right? I cant get frost back?

Brad, thanks for the Vid :smile:

Wait, I thought I recall reading on Wiki that if you leave a dog to go home to its origin, then you couldn't get him to follow you again, that's why I've been so careful not to let him go.... I must have read it wrong, I'm gonna have to go back and read that part again. Is it just me, or do they have difficulty explaining it properly?

Hell, if you can always go and reclaim your horse and dog then that would be an unnecessary load off my mind....

UPDATE: I just read up on Vigilance again, and now I remember why I was worried about letting vigilance go. Yes, I can always buy him back if he goes home to Banning, but there a couple of bugs, apparently, one bug which doesn't allow Vig to follow you again and he may even disappear even though you have paid for him again... and if this happens you wont be able to get any more pet followers at all. Is this bug typical for Xbox as well as pc?