Photo

Steam has an atrocious design and a terrible UI. There. I said it.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,459 Posts

I have always thought Steam has a terrible theme/design and user-interface. Imagine my excitement when the new Steam update supposedly improved the look beyond that of a 1990's internet browser...

At the very least, they can't possibly make it worse. Or so I thought.

Then I saw this.

Gs6DxzA.png

It is literally the same unchanged 90's era garbage that I've been tolerating plus an atrocious blue-hue gradient set over dark gray. I mean, seriously? Whoever designed this must literally be blind. When are we going to get rid of the archaic 200px program border with a completely empty header and footer?

For all the shit Origin gets, it looks about 1000x better and the UI is consistent -- there's no arbitrary mash-up of double side-bars with navbars within toolbars and randomly placed buttons. 

0/10 would not update again.

640px-Facepalm_facepalm.png

Remove Advertisements Create Account

Francis

Francis

• 327 Posts

Haha. Nice doodle. Wish I could agree, but I don't use Steam.

So here's me adding myself to the picture for no reason at all.

2im9ugg.png

Fergal

Fergal

• 1,500 Posts

Never really had a problem with it. I like the dark theme and don't as such don't really take note of the smaller details.

Tristan

Tristan

• 152 Posts

Personally I prefered the theme before the new one, even got a theme on my computer to match the steam theme. But seriously, I think the main topic should be focused on the fact that you have paint on your taskbar... 

David

David

• Admin
  • 4,459 Posts

But seriously, I think the main topic should be focused on the fact that you have paint on your taskbar... 

I use it for saving screenshots from other programs all the time.

Tristan

Tristan

• 152 Posts

I use it for saving screenshots from other programs all the time.

I was thinking you were a secret meme master of the internet, website owner by day, and troll extraordinaire by night.

Buttons

Buttons

• 525 Posts

you guys are weird...  :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

This site is not affiliated with ZeniMax Media Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.